PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
I've tried drinking lots of water, taking simeticone, dramamine, ondansetron, and only dramamine seems to work. And yet this seems to happen from time to time.
But I don't want to keep taking tons of medications to continue smoking my pipe.
Any "natural" suggestions?
(I don't inhale anymore)
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization (please check Rule #9)

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
How long ago did you stop inhaling? That is a big part of it, I bet. Otherwise you have tobacco's that are too high in the nicotine department would be my other guess.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
I stopped inhaling 2 weeks ago.
My tobaccos are exclusively aromatics so I guess they are low on nicotine.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I would say you either aren't drinking water or are using blends that are too high in nicotine content for you. Since you've already covered that...maybe heat has a part to play? I too wouldn't recommend taking medication must to smoke a pipe.

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Make sure you have a full stomach well before starting too. Are you smoking a briar or cob or one of those questionable chicom Amazon numbers?

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Funny that cigars didn't have all these issues... But I'm never coming back to them.
I like those little tweaks from pipes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nicotine leaches sugar from the body causing dizziness and nausea in some. Just try something sweet.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Never been a big fan of chocolate myself, but am never far from cakes and doughnuts. :mrgreen:

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
If you're from the USA, pancakes with maple syrup will also do the trick I guess. :lol:
Right in the middle of Kentucky, and I would take pancakes any time of the day. :mrgreen:

64alex

May 10, 2016
As said above nicotine lower your blood glucose which is what is giving you nausea. So 4 things to do are:

1. Use a lower nicotine blend,

2. Not inhaling (as much more nicotine is absorbed if you inhale),

3. Smoke with a full stomach and

4. At the first symptoms of nausea stop immediately puffing and eat a chocolate bar,

5. Do not take any medications.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Also, I believe nicotine sensitivity wanes over time correct? I find myself able to tolerate stronger blends now as opposed to a year or so ago. Still get hammered by some blends but I know which blends do that to me and make sure I’ve eaten along with a cold beverage while smoking.
It does seem to affect me more so in the morning as I’m not much of a breakfast person. Coffee and a pipe are my first priority. I can usually feel the nicotine coming on and just set the pipe down for awhile if I need to. I do get occasional nausea but it’s short lived and I usually just ride it out. Not to mention I enjoy a moderate nicotine buzz anyway if it doesn’t go too far.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
Are you taking time between puffs/sips? If you are already smoking slowly, this may not help, but if you are smoking too quickly it could be cutting short your oxygen intake and making the nausea worse for you.

mrmachado

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2018
Brazil
Machado: I ask this with all due respect. Why are you so obsessed with smoking if it leaves you nauseated?
It only happens sometimes. I enjoy smoking a lot so that's not really a reason for me to stop smoking.
I just want to prevent that from happening.
Those tips against nausea were nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.