PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
@python explained it to me once I think if you have a pic already uploaded to the site, you can copy and paste it? Hell......I don’t know but it sucks?

Reactions: seanv

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Yes, you can only post links. I normally upload them to my server and link from there. If you don't have a website you'll have to rely on some sharing service like Flickr.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
For whatever reason, you can't post a photo in the same way you do in the forums presently. You have to go back to the old school method used in the old forums.

Unless you're familiar with HTML, the easiest way to do that is upload your photo to a sharing site, and then copy the HTML generated by that site into your message. BBCode Full works well. I use imgBB in this type of situation.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I experimented in response to some PMs and found that I can directly attach a photo from my desktop in a PM. Also I can link to a photo on any website, including our own.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
You'll catch me on one of those only if my laptop is not available.

Have you seen statistics on what folks use to post to web fora?
Well, traditional PC sales have been declining for the last several years, in favor of more durable, powerful portable devices.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Well, traditional PC sales have been declining for the last several years, in favor of more durable, powerful portable devices.
True that traditional PCs have been on the decline.

But portable devices more powerful and durable?? :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

PCs go strong for over ten years, whereas the "smart" phones give up the ghost in about 2-4 years, mostly due to their own makers' doings, since they want to sell you a new device constantly. And I'd like to see a puny portable device with 20 TB of storage.

Reactions: Kottan

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
True that traditional PCs have been on the decline.

But portable devices more powerful and durable?? :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

PCs go strong for over ten years, whereas the "smart" phones give up the ghost in about 2-4 years, mostly due to their own makers' doings, since they want to sell you a new device constantly. And I'd like to see a puny portable device with 20 TB of storage.

Portable devices more powerful and durable than previous devices, not PC’s...

20 TB on a device? Possibility.

I designed an XT compatible board when I got out of college at the first company I worked for as an engineer. 1 MHz NEC V40, 640k on board memory, 64k bios and a 30 MB RLL disk drive. MS DOS 3.2 or Concurrent C/PM.

My iPad has more power nowadays.,,

Reactions: olkofri

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Portable devices more powerful and durable than previous devices, not PC’s...

20 TB on a device? Possibility.

I designed an XT compatible board when I got out of college at the first company I worked for as an engineer. 1 MHz NEC V40, 640k on board memory, 64k bios and a 30 MB RLL disk drive. MS DOS 3.2 or Concurrent C/PM.

My iPad has more power nowadays.,,
Yes, compared to early devices, there's hardly a point of comparison anymore.

My gripe's been always with the hype of "mobile" and the push to jump on these devices and ditching everything else.

I started custom building PCs circa AD 1994. I went into business based on that. Business is long gone but to date, I still build, repair and maintain my own personal systems. I can't be impressed with fancy phones or tablets, not even "gaming" laptops. Those systems just don't have the expansion and scalability possibilities of the venerable desktop/workstation PC.

I remember a conversation I had with a secretary when I worked at a certain department in the varsity: according to her, I was dumb to own a PC: the "smart" people all bought and toted laptops. Explaining to her that a PC has expansion slots and features that allow it to be easily upgraded or repaired was an exercise in futility. Typical young kid who has no bloody idea but thinks she knows everything. This was back in AD 2004.

To date, I can load tons of data, devices, and whatnot into and onto my PC. Not so with my two laptops, who are beyond upgradeable and possibly even repairable. Boosting up my iPhone 5S or my iPhone 4S?? Maybe if I smoked something else in my pipes I could dream of doing so.

Personally, I prefer to sit at my desk and look at things on a 24" screen and type on a mechanical keyboard and have quality sound coming from surround speakers and a bass and be able to plug in a joystick and a scanner and a printer and .... the works.

Even this big screen has made me blinder: I can't imagine the bottle bottom spectacles I'd be wearing right now if I had to do everything on a phone screen. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.