Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff540

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 25, 2016
Southwest Virginia
Steve,

Thanks for the link.

Maybe I'm just becoming a curmudgeon, but I am disappointed over the lack of proofreading in our society; it is truly becoming an epidemic. The standard letter that the article links to includes the incomplete sentence "This is one of the most steps in preventing youth access to all tobacco products.":rolleyes:

Reactions: artvandelay007

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
not to be a pessimist, but.. they don't give a shit... they are anti-tobacco crusaders for the "good of the people"
tobacco is against their religion and we are all heretics...
Waste of time to call those asshats

Well, I wasted more of my time then. I just figured the effort was worth it. You actually don't have to call anybody; just fill out your name and contact info and then they submit the letter on your behalf to your jurisdiction's rep - and yes, the letter has a few grammar and punctuation issues but I'm a Texan so that doesn't bother me as much as I reckon it should. I'll settle for the effort in this case.

Reactions: briarbuck and BROBS

swan

Lurker
Dec 9, 2018
NYC
Considering the FDA deeming rule PIPES are now considered tobacco product.
So this bill would also prohibit the sale of pipes, according to this interpretation.

• Wow
Reactions: Casual and BROBS

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Just got a postcard from my rep and there is a spot to fill in on issues I am concerned about. I will added it in there and mailing out tomorrow.

So she is getting a double shot.

• Wow
Reactions: BROBS

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Wasn't the vote today? Anybody know how it turned out?
The best that I can make out is that the House was voting today on the "rules for consideration" of the the bill, and this vote was postponed at about 1pm EST today:

POSTPONED PROCEEDINGS - At the conclusion of debate on H. Res. 866, the Chair put the question on ordering the previous question and by voice vote, announced that the ayes had prevailed. Mr. Burgess demanded the yeas and nays and the Chair postponed further proceedings on the question on ordering the previous question until a time to be announced.

EDIT: See right-hand column, "Floor Proceedings" at Home | House.gov - https://www.house.gov

Status
Not open for further replies.