PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I'm interested in a couple of tobaccos that are available only in Europe, e.g., JF Germain Rich Dark Flake and Condor. Where might I start? Last time I tried I spent a couple of hours screwing around with the credit card, only to be told the shop didn't sell to America. To make it worst, my bank suspended my card because they suspected fraud when I had so many transaction attempts fail.
Or if someone has Condor or Rich Dark Flake for sale or trade, please let me know. Thanks. Pax

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
I ordered from Gauntley's of Nottingham, no problems. It's not cheap but it's comparable to Canadian prices. I'm quite sure they ship to the U.S. Order arrived in about eight days even with Canada customs and the post office. That's actually quicker than Smokingpipes and 4Noggins. No problems at all and I'm awaiting my second order.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I guess the Brits still consider Canada part of the UK. Gauntley's doesn't ship to USA either. This was posted on their entry page:
In the USA? Please note unfortunately we cannot send tobacco products to the USA.
But thanks anyway, Dave.
Edit NOTE: our threads crossed, accounting for the double info.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Brass is right. Canada is part of the "Commonwealth" and tobacco ships readily via credit card payment. I have some Canadian relatives and their access to English tobaccos gives them a never-miss host gift for a visit at our house.Our Canadian brothers have an amazing resource with that access. Perhaps the benevolent tobacco gods way of making up for those scandalously high prices those fellows have to pay.
Plugugly

Bulldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2012
Mid-Atlantic, USA
I have personally purchased pipe tobacco from Segar-and-Snuff in London, and had the product shipped to the United States without problems. However, I do not believe that they sell either JF Germains - Rich Dark Flake or Condor. Another U.K. mail order tobacco company called G.Q. Tobaccos does have both products and will ship to the United States; I have not personally bought from G.Q., so I cannot comment on their customer service, but their website does look pretty good.

mranglophile

Can't Leave
May 11, 2015
United States
I am exactly the same boat as you Brass except I'm looking for St Bruno, some plugs and Germain's Medium Flake. I had always heard GQ does not ship to US, it is even stated on there site. But on this post they said they were successful. I was thinking of giving it a shot on payday this Friday. I was going to try pipedivan.com as they have Condor plug and others but really want more St Bruno since I got some from St. Simon. St Bruno is what I had been looking for in Lakelands, I just love it. It would be my all day smoke if I could get enough.

Bulldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2012
Mid-Atlantic, USA
I was mistaken on G.Q., I just read their shipping page more carefully, they will only ships pipes and accessories to non-commonwealth countries and will "reject" and "not fulfill" tobacco orders. I apologize for the confusion.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I ordered a pouch of St. Bruno, a pouch of Condor and 50 grams of JF Germain's Rich Dark Flake from G.Q. Tobaccos. The system accepted the order without spitting it back. Hopefully, it will arrive ok. But between taxes and VAT and whatever, the total for 200 or so grams of tobacco came to $60.00. That will scratch my curiosity itch but can' afford to smoke them long term at those rates.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
But like a bottle of fine wine, sometimes that exotic tobacco is worth it. It's just that special treat you allow yourself every once in a while. Let us know how your order turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.