PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
bought my first pipe in fall of 1985, as a freshman psychology major.
Too bad you couldn't have been on this forum back then Beef. There's an endless supply here of rare psychological aberrations for psych majors to write papers on.
And every now and then there's even a Haja or two that come prancing through for a while just to make the rest of us seem sane.

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
64. Started with the pipe when I was around 19. I've never been a heavy smoker but I have kept it up pretty consistently since then, apart from an 8 year hiatus following a heart scare.
Mike

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
This is my 4th year of 'serious' pipe smoking.

By serious, I mean, that's all I smoke and I smoke all day.

I'm 69, and used to smoke roll your own, mostly Drum.

I've quit smoking cigarettes for 5 yrs or more, at least 3x and for a year or more, several times.

The pipe is my salvation.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
NewBroom:Here as well ,last 15 year I smoked Dark Fired Roll You own cigarettes produced in Netherlands/Holland, brands like,Van Nelle Zwaar,Samson, Jaavanse Jongens, Those were tasty tobaccos, but tell you what,based on my very recent experiment,these are started to taste milder in comparison with what they were,say two year ago, and now I have a reason to believe this general weakness' of all high quality European RYO tobaccoes is resulted by new tobacco product directives ordering manufacturers to produce milder cigarette tobacco.

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
44, bought my first pipe in the early nineties. Came back to it in January of last year after a random rewatching of LOTR.

auburnfan

Might Stick Around
Sep 19, 2017
38... bought my first pipe 15 years ago. Forum member Georged is currently restoring that pipe for me.

tony767

Lurker
Dec 25, 2017
The big 5-Oh for me! I picked up my first pipe and tabak back in '98 and, after a few failed attempts back then, started again in Dec 2017 after finding my original tins in the back of my closet.

Now I'm truly able to enjoy it as it was designed and loving it!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Physically - 65
Mentally - My wife sometimes accuses me of acting like a 12 year old.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I'm 38 and have been piping on and off for 20 years. Recently I became more serious about it. I was really into cigars for the last 15 years, but we have an 18 month old now so a pipe fits my time and budget much better. Plus, I find a much greater variety of flavors and profiles with the pipe. I still like cigars, but the ol' magic 8 ball definitely sees my passion transferring to pipe tobacco.

oldhickory

Lurker
Nov 30, 2016
First pipe february 1966 with Middleton Cherry Blend I was 15 years old. I've quit several times in the ensuing 52 years (once for 11 years) Now I would say I'm in till the end!

've enjoyed everyones comments for the last 18 months. I'll start sharing my comments eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.