PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
Pretty simple question, I'm curious to see how often you gents smoke, and what you typically smoke when you do!
As for me, I smoke no more than twice a week if lucky, typically once every week or two! I think of it more like a fine wine; it's not something I do often so I can appreciate it more! As for what I smoke, with moving to spring and summer, I've picked up some peach and blackberry house-made blends from my B&M (They're actually made in-house), so I'll be packing that in my John Bessai Poker! :D

wcannoy

Can't Leave
Nov 29, 2012
Lakeland, FL
Let's just say, while many guys have a seven day rotation, I have a seven hour rotation.
I just finished up a bowl of McClelland No. 27 Virginia with my coffee, and I'll be packing a bowl of either OGS or Christmas Cheer before heading out to the workshop. The vast majority of my tobacco cellar is Virginias, but I'll smoke just about anything (even the occasional aro) when the mood hits.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Once or twice a week, sometimes more. Not a habit, yet. There is no set routine. The more busy I am, the less I smoke. I also like to let my body reset. Working my way through the Missouri Meerschaum tobacco blends from Pipes and Cigars. They have four blends that kind of cover the spectrum. Rightly described as Codger Blends. Good and decent value blends.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Monday to Friday I have 2-3 bowls each day. On the weekends it's usually 3-5 bowls. :puffy:

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
On average 3-4 bowls a day, morning, noon and night. Usually a cigar thrown in there on the weekends after Mass on Sunday. In the evening after work I like to unwind with 3 fingers of Whiskey and bowl, then paruse forums or read a book.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
All day, every day. Eight to twelve bowls augmented with MCDs. Cigarette to pipe ratio is variable, dependent on weather and type of work I'm doing. More cigarettes when out shooting, more pipes when culling and printing. The odd cigar sneaks in a couple of times a week.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
This really should be a sticky. In the five years I've been on these forums I think this thread has been started about three or four dozen times.
I usually have about 2-3 bowls a day. It all depends on how much time I have.
Pray tell, what exactly is an MCD?
Right now all I'm coming up with is Man Crushin' Dame.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Well, you know how the medical profession is about smoking. My doctor told me that it was more healthy to smoke a pipe cigarettes, but that I should smoke it with moderation. He said, "moderation is the key".
So, I asked him what or how to quantify this moderation?
He said, "moderation means different things to different people, I realize,

so, here's my rule of thumb. A young fit and healthy man should gauge his pipe smoking by the number of orgasms he has in a week.

The older, yet healthy gentleman in his 50's and upward should measure his smoking with his regularity."
I've been eating oatmeal, prunes, metamucil and Taco Belle like mad ever since.

Reactions: TheWhale13

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"This really should be a sticky. In the five years I've been on these forums I think this thread has been started about three or four dozen times."
Makes sense, but I see no harm in revisiting well worn topics. I see the same thing in the firearms forums I participate in. What gun should I get for grizzly protection? Stickies tend to get stale and ignored. This thread is off and running.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I smoke at least two bowls a day before wheelchair and bed routine at least 4 a day. Smoke Balkans englis vapers etc no arostnk in 40 years less stink goop and cleanup aside from real tobacco taste

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
In the winter here in Wisconsin I only smoke 2 or 3 times a week. Now that the weather is nice enough to sit outdoors comfortably while smoking it seems like 4 to 5 times per week.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
It has been 4-6 per week in my short career, but I cheated this week and smoked 10.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Depends much on the day. If I get up early when no one else is around, about 3 bowls. Throughout the day, another 4 bowls. I rearely have an oppurtunity to smoke a full bowl on any one occssion except those blessed mornings. Figure about 4-10 bowls.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
MCD was the address of the first Nat Sherman retail outlet in New York City. They are a natural cigarette without a fast burning, chemical infused white paper wrapper. Very tasty and they do deliver the nicotine. I smoke the brown box.

Status
Not open for further replies.