How Many Tins Of Flakes Do You Considered Cellared In Your Collection.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
BTW all of you are my heroes. Been smoking cigars 4 years and pipes 3 years, and I'm still getting to know what I like and mixing up my own little custom blends with the blender tobacco's. I sure know how to smoke a pipe properly, but I definitely don't have anything cellared yet, unless you count a pound of all the P&C and C&D blending tobacco's. I have 3 tons Burley Flake #1, but that's the extent of my "cellar" LoL.

I can only aspire.

Guess I will have to aspire with the August 8th thing coming up here in the US

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
BTW all of you are my heroes. Been smoking cigars 4 years and pipes 3 years, and I'm still getting to know what I like and mixing up my own little custom blends with the blender tobacco's. I sure know how to smoke a pipe properly, but I definitely don't have anything cellared yet, unless you count a pound of all the P&C and C&D blending tobacco's. I have 3 tons Burley Flake #1, but that's the extent of my "cellar" LoL.

I can only aspire.

Guess I will have to aspire with the August 8th thing coming up here in the US
Hoosier has tons of CRF!

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I don’t know.

Seriously, I have no fucking clue! I stopped counting years ago. I kind of like not knowing... it makes for great surprises down the road. Like for instances while I was digging out some more Condor Plug in my cellar I noticed I have a tin of Classic Samsun from 2014. I have no idear how it made it’s way into my cellar but I’m looking forward to trying it down the road. I cellar 10 or so blends DEEP and the rest of my cellar is WIDE.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
My largest would be OGS, 89 tins.
View attachment 48326
That is the last one that I need to cellar deep. I’ve been smoking it over the years and I love it but for some reason I never cellared that one, I know I have at least 10 or 15 tins but that’s not nearly enough. I could just kick myself in the arse for it, as I remember it being $6.99 a tin... it’s still not expensive but I could have saved some dough, that’s fo sho.

Reactions: wyfbane

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
One flake that I had meant to cellar a few years back was Astley's 109 Medium Flake.

Does anyone know whether the new stuff offered is the same recipe as the stuff offered 10 years back? I noticed a newly designed tin label recently and think I recall hearing the blend changed some, but might be getting mixed up.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
That is the last one that I need to cellar deep. I’ve been smoking it over the years and I love it but for some reason I never cellared that one, I know I have at least 10 or 15 tins but that’s not nearly enough. I could just kick myself in the arse for it, as I remember it being $6.99 a tin... it’s still not expensive but I could have saved some dough, that’s fo sho.

I bought most of that from TP about 3 years ago. They had it for $3 something a tin. I couldn't believe it.

• Wow
Reactions: hawky454

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I know you used my list a s guide but did you ever think every winner you have is from that list? I know my omnipotent knowledge of all things pipes is impressive, hell I even scare myself with such knowledge.
I admit I used your list as a guide when I first got going. It was a lot of help and I'm grateful you did it. For a new guy, lists are awesome.

As far as looking up what I have cellared and count tins, I'm going to puss out, just because I'm lazy. I'm content with it but it's modest in comparison to lots of you guys'.

Reactions: dcon

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
One flake that I had meant to cellar a few years back was Astley's 109 Medium Flake.

Does anyone know whether the new stuff offered is the same recipe as the stuff offered 10 years back? I noticed a newly designed tin label recently and think I recall hearing the blend changed some, but might be getting mixed up.
I have no idea if the recipe's are the same. I also noticed the writing on the new stamps saying it had this or that. I think we need to sick Jiminks on them. Make them give him a new one and an old one for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.