PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As I've said before, my dad smoked only one pipe at time, only owned one pipe at a time, maybe with a burn-out as a back-up, and he smoked from just after breakfast until bedtime, with time-out for lunch and supper. I think his pipes lasted about a year, but as a child, my sense of time was probably extended. He smoked only Granger from about age 15 to 65, when he quit cold turkey to take a job at a no-smoking campus. He lived to be 89, licensed to drive without glasses. How many times he could smoke his pipe was not an issue; the pipe rested overnight, just like he did.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
As many times as you like as long as you clean them after each smoke and let them cool before smoking again. I often smoke the same pipe multiple times per day for weeks at a time before switching.
This is accurate. As long as you keep your pipe DRY above all else, you can smoke the same pipe all day every day until it needs to be deep cleaned. If you’re smoking goopy aromatics out of a briar this may be more challenging but certainly doable with liberal use of pipe cleaners. Your plan of bringing 3 pipes should work out beautifully.

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
Sadly my schedule only allows for 2-3 bowls throughout the day now. Before when I was working alone in empty houses being turned I was getting in around 5-6 per day. I've got enough pipes, tobacco, and nicotine tolerance that I could smoke all day just don't have the right situation to allow for such. As a handyman/maintenance technician very few people will let you work in their home while smoking a pipe lol.

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
I am still a wee liten newbie in this lovely hobby, but I smoke anywhere from 2 to 3 pipes per day. At first, it was 1 in the evening. Then one more in the morning. Now I will have a lunch-time pipe if time permits. I won't have a place to smoke during the winter, so I am getting my enjoyment now.

Reactions: yanoJL

maker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2018
A lot less than I used to but I do a lot of things less than I used too...