How Many of Your Shirts Have Burned Cinder Holes in Them? ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
23 Fresh Bruno Nuttens Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

How Many Of Your Shirts/Pants Have Burned Cinder Holes In Them From Spilled Ashes? ?

• None

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Only a few

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • I am the Human Torch

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
Only one - but that led to an Urgent Care Visit, second and third degree burns, and a huge scar tissue in my shoulders.

I was smoking late night, I was in a semi sleepy state, the kitchen match slipped from my hands while striking and landed on my shoulders. It took me 4-5 seconds to realize my shirt is burning, and then somehow my cotton t-shirt caught fire.
I got it off within 45 seconds, but it was enough to burn me severely.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Only one - but that led to an Urgent Care Visit, second and third degree burns, and a huge scar tissue in my shoulders.

I was smoking late night, I was in a semi sleepy state, the kitchen match slipped from my hands while striking and landed on my shoulders. It took me 4-5 seconds to realize my shirt is burning, and then somehow my cotton t-shirt caught fire.
I used to be a welder, I know how that feels. Our work shirts had pockets and were notorious for catching slag and catching fire. I'm lucky that I didn't have to have nipple grafting surgery.

Almost every shirt of mine has tiny pinholes from stray ash while driving. They’re small and no one has ever said anything to me about them.
Now my shirts I wear at my workbench is a different matter. All liquids in metal smithing will eat a hole in anything fabric. So most of them are like swiss cheese.

Shirts have an evolution for me. New, I wear out as my nice clothes. Then after a few months of pinhole driving ash, they become house shirts till they become faded. Then they are workbench/farming shirts, till they become shop rags.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA

glad it wasn't worse. Geez man.