How Many of Your Shirts Have Burned Cinder Holes in Them? ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

How Many Of Your Shirts/Pants Have Burned Cinder Holes In Them From Spilled Ashes? ?

• None

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Only a few

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • I am the Human Torch

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have my smoking shirts and then I have my good cloths. My good cloths are all silk and I don't smoke my pipes wearing them. My smoking shirts all have tons of burn holes and I don't care as that is what they are for.

Reactions: JOHN72 and OzPiper

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
By some miracle, I was able to vote none. Having said that, I managed to knock my pipe out of my mouth while driving just a couple days ago. I was swapping glasses for sunglasses when this graceful incident occurred. Thankfully nothing was burned and the pipe stayed lit.

Akousticplyr

Lifer
Oct 12, 2019
Florida Panhandle
How do you burn your shirt with a pipe?
Cinder spillage due to tamping in the style of an epileptic seizure.

Actually its sometimes a bit windy on my patio and if I'm not careful when tamping is when it usually happens. Another time I knocked the pipe out of my mouth reaching over my shoulder for my coffee. I really probably should be wearing a helmet at all times now that I've said this out loud.

dochowl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 30, 2020
Torrance, CA
Shirts, shorts, parts, recliners, all kinds of upholstery... Never was any good at keeping things nice. Burn holes are like a badge of honor.

• Haha
Reactions: OzPiper

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
This is probably why they used to wear smoking jackets!

I've got an old threadbare pea coat I wear in cooler weather. Since it's mostly wool it won't ignite like synthetics, and since its old I don't care about holes.

Summertime is more dangerous, especially synthetic shorts and track pants...

Reactions: JOHN72

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
It used to be a rare thing but since getting into smoking meer cutty pipes I now have several tee shirts with holes.
cutties seem to be prone to ash falling out the front

Reactions: JOHN72

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Only one - but that led to an Urgent Care Visit, second and third degree burns, and a huge scar tissue in my shoulders.

I was smoking late night, I was in a semi sleepy state, the kitchen match slipped from my hands while striking and landed on my shoulders. It took me 4-5 seconds to realize my shirt is burning, and then somehow my cotton t-shirt caught fire.
I got it off within 45 seconds, but it was enough to burn me severely.
Ouch! Minor burns are just kind of a part of the deal for smokers, but that sounds pretty serious and terribly painful.

I have put holes in a number of articles of clothing, I am sad to say.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is that what they call an ash hole? I think they are mostly the product of multitasking, whether driving or committing art work while smoking a pipe, and so on. If you focus on the sacrament of smoking a pipe only, you will get few if any.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Whit pipe tobacco, thumb knuckle. He stayed kept the ember in for a few months, incrusted in the meat.........With the cigars, I always end up burning, pants, shirts, driver's seat, and cushions from my smoker room...........