PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I am moving some blends, mostly Latakia, to thick mylar vacuum bags and as I am going through jars, I found this (see photo). No Label, no faded sharpie, nothing. This is from before I began buying bulk Virginia's for the cellar. I do not want to open but guess I should. It was from a tub still taped from my move in 2017. So it is at least that old. 20201217_200645a.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sometimes I pack a pipe the night before and then post on What Are You Smoking the next day when I light up. The other day I realized I posted a different blend I almost packed before changing my mind. Should I go back and correct this? Naw. Forums members don't want to hear reports of mistakes; life is too short. It's a fun mystery, and even when you open the jar and smoke it, you may not be sure.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
How about we all have a guess at what it might be? Then you can smoke it and try to work it out from tobaccoreviews.com who came closest.

I'll go first. I reckon it might be St James Flake.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I don't label my jars. I figure if I can't tell them apart it doesn't really make a difference. And it's pretty easy to tell when you keep a limited supply and try to keep a small but balanced cellar. For example I need to get another English which when I jar that up it won't be hard to tell what it is from recall and smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.