How Many Fellow Pipe Smokers Can Identify With This?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Kind of reminds me of a joke I heard.
A young couple is finally alone, and getting ready to enjoy their first night of wedded bliss. As they are undressing, the man looks at his wife, throws her his pants and says to her, “Put these on dear.”
Not sure where this is going, but being a mischievous in her own right she smiles, and slips the pants on. As expected they are far too large for her petite frame, and as soon as she lets go of the waist they fall down around her ankles.
He then smiles and says to her, “See they don’t fit. Just remember who wears the pants in this marriage.”
Unimpressed, she continues to undress, and after taking her tiny sexy lacy panties off, she looks at him and purrs, “OK honey I get it, but here put these on.” She tosses those tiny little panties to him.
He doesn’t even try, because he’d tear them up. “These won’t fit me what’s your point?”
As she turns back the covers on the bed she sweetly, but firmly states; “Yes I know, I wear the panties in this marriage; and if you ever want to get into them you need to remember that.”

Reactions: jpmcwjr

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
My wife and I have a good partnership. There are things she manages, things I manage and things we both manage. We have joint interests and individual interests. If it seems like any one person is in control at a given time, it is more or less by design or agreement. Ultimately, control isn’t too challenging a dynamic in our relationship.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
My wife and I have a good partnership. There are things she manages, things I manage and things we both manage. We have joint interests and individual interests. If it seems like any one person is in control at a given time, it is more or less by design or agreement. Ultimately, control isn’t too challenging a dynamic in our relationship.

I'd say I'm there, also not all battles need to be won, if the strategy will win the war ;)

Reactions: adui
My wife and I are equals, and I can't imagine being with a woman who would be told what to do, nor wants to control me. I don't want to have to rule anyone. We are more best friends... but I still have my SWMBO jokes about her, and she has her jokes about me. Actually, I have a line of Instagram Pipejokes that are mostly about the jokes between couples. My wife actually sets down and helps me write them, and sometimes I have to cringe and say, "Ewww, men probably shouldn't say this or that about their wives."

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Casual

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My wife and I are equals, and I can't imagine being with a woman who would be told what to do, nor wants to control me. I don't want to have to rule anyone. We are more best friends... but I still have my SWMBO jokes about her, and she has her jokes about me. Actually, I have a line of Instagram Pipejokes that are mostly about the jokes between couples. My wife actually sets down and helps me write them, and sometimes I have to cringe and say, "Ewww, men probably shouldn't say this or that about their wives."
I agree. It supposed to be a partnership. We do everything together and don't have "gender rolls" in our house. We are equals. As awesome as the "wearing the pants, won't be told what to do" idea sounds, it's just not fair in my mind. I don' t need God to tell me how I should or or shouldn't act. I learned it through life experiences. I'm lucky to have her.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I agree. It supposed to be a partnership. We do everything together and don't have "gender rolls" in our house. We are equals. As awesome as the "wearing the pants, won't be told what to do" idea sounds, it's just not fair in my mind. I don' t need God to tell me how I should or or shouldn't act. I learned it through life experiences. I'm lucky to have her.
That's us. The only pants wearing I do is coordinating the plans. We design and carry them out together. We've both found someone who won't boss. Neither of us handle that well.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
After #1, I said I will never live miserably with another woman again. #2 didn't get that. #3 did...?

TinCup

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2019
Indian Ocean
Fortunately, it's not my situation.

Here are the lyrics for those who enjoy written media.

I fear the writer forgot to add 'insert canned laughs here' twenty times when transcribing the lyrics, unfortunately that's the overriding memory after listening to it :eek:
So that just made me pop off to youtube and listen to my favourite 'pick-me-up' song for whenever i need a lift... enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.