How Many Cutters And Lighters Do You Have?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Rossi Pipes
9 Fresh Brebbia Pipes
6 Fresh Rinaldo Pipes
3 Fresh Abe Herbaugh Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I have 1 cutter my buddy gifted me a couple years ago. It did well for a while but I'm afraid it's growing dull. Considering one of those Xikar ones with the wings that pop out. Or maybe Palio guillotine...

I'll use matches or an old boy to toast-light cigars, but since nearly all my "not winter" smoking is done outside, I need a torch. I bought a Zippo torch insert and it's great so long as it's not windy or cool. So it pretty much sucks for my purposes.

I thought long and hard and coughed up the dough for a premium torch and have been quite satisfied. I'm also getting good at properly toasting with it (acknowledging that this is always more intense than matches or soft flame, it can still be done reasonably well I think, if you take your time).

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Too many cutters. Not that I wanted any, but sometime ago, everytime I buy some pipe tobacco, this company would send me one or two cigar cutters. I have no idea why. Never bought a cigar from them. Gave all away other than my old cutter I got back in college.

AreBee

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
Two punches, two good guillotine cutters, one V-cutter and several disposable blade cutters.

Two pipe Zippos (one Zippo butane insert and one standard naphtha), three regular Zippos (one Zippo butane insert and two naphtha), a Palio Volcano torch, a Xikar Quad flame torch an ancient Colibri torch and a X-Lighter permanent match.

Do we want to do ashtrays too? :ROFLMAO:

Sig

Can't Leave
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
I have a BUNCH of cutters, but use my Buck Stockman 100% of the time.
The lighter....a Ronson Jetlite.
They are hard to find anymore but they DO exist. The best $4 you will spend on a cigar lighter.
Super cheap, refillable and the absolute perfect flame for a cigar...in my opinion.
Ive been using the same one for over a decade. The chrome finish had rubbed off, it's now brass colored, but works perfectly. I have a few new ones incase this one goes.
They were $4 back then, and $4 now....if you can find them.

Correction....they are about $10 bucks online I see. They are back in demand I guess.
My local tobacco shop has them for $4 occasionally. They were really hard to find the last few years. Demand must be high. They really are the perfect cigar lighter.

AreBee

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I've been eyeing this Ronson at the local antique shop. It's a cigarette case which I don't need and there's some rust on the spark wheel. The guy wants $100 for it which I think is a little steep. The black and silver is pretty damn clean though.lighter.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eljimmy