PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I have some Murray’s era erinmore mixture. It needs rehydrating before smoking, and the tin note is of rest home bedpans and moth balls...but boy does she smoke nice. I get a flavour similar to that used in war horse bar, or dark flake scented

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
I have some Murray’s era erinmore mixture. It needs rehydrating before smoking, and the tin note is of rest home bedpans and moth balls...but boy does she smoke nice. I get a flavour similar to that used in war horse bar, or dark flake scented
Interesting. I never found Erinmore Lakelandly. I have only smoked the flake. I have a few tins of Murray’s hanging around that I will crack at some point.

Reactions: mingc

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It seems the supplies have dried up. Any word when the spillway will open so that the lake will again flow? I’ve been waiting to get a view on these tobaccos for a while.

There was just a pretty big drop a few weeks ago. The problem is, as soon as it drops, everyone jumps on and buys it all up to hoard. It's just the way it is with tobacco for about 5-10 years now.

You may still be able to find some here and there. Your best bet is going to be offline B&M's though.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Actually, SmokingPipes still has some bulk GH in stock:

And some tins of SG and GH:

Reactions: mingc

northernpipeshed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2017
Currently manufactured by STG.
Didn't realise........Is that another one ruined then?

Not a regular smoke so I never bothered stocking up, but I do like it on occasions (.....did?)............shame one of the few Petersons I actually enjoyed...probably because it was actually a Gawith!

Reactions: ofafeather

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Didn't realise........Is that another one ruined then?

Not a regular smoke so I never bothered stocking up, but I do like it on occasions (.....did?)............shame one of the few Petersons I actually enjoyed...probably because it was actually a Gawith!
As far as I know, they've been making it for some time now.

Jun 9, 2018
England
It seems the supplies have dried up. Any word when the spillway will open so that the lake will again flow? I’ve been waiting to get a view on these tobaccos for a while.
I've never had it but Peterson Hyde Park is supposed to be a Lakeland type blend according to people on tobaccoreviews.com. I think it's made for them by Gawith but I could be wrong about that.

Maybe worth a look to dip your toe in the water before the next Gawith drop.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
I've never had it but Peterson Hyde Park is supposed to be a Lakeland type blend according to people on tobaccoreviews.com. I think it's made for them by Gawith but I could be wrong about that.

Maybe worth a look to dip your toe in the water before the next Gawith drop.
Hyde Park is made, or at least used to be made by Gawith Hoggarth. Exactly the same as their 'Rum & Maple' blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.