PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
And GH bought SG in 2015, so that makes it 1 company with 2 brands.

The products are called Lakelands because GH (and SG) are from an area in the UK called the Lake District. You can take a wild guess why it's called that.

It seems the supplies have dried up. Any word when the spillway will open so that the lake will again flow? I’ve been waiting to get a view on these tobaccos for a while.
Rachael Gawith recently posted in another forum:
We are producing and shipping orders to our distributors in America as quick as we can. At the moment we are currently working with a skeleton staff due to covid restrictions and there is of course a knock on effect across the country and the world with supply chains. Also some of the products like Twist for example are handmade and thus can only be produced as quick as our ladies in the spinning room can work. As explained no products are completely delisted but some that are very slow sellers are being removed from the regular stock list. Any importer can order still these if minimum requirements are met BUT they obviously need to know they have the demand there to make it worthwhile and its not just going to sit on a shelf for ages. So basically if the importer has ordered Rich Dark Honeydew it will be available (in whatever amounts they have ordered, minimum requirements permitting) but if they deem it a slow seller they may not order stock.

Last edited:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
And GH bought SG in 2015, so that makes it 1 company with 2 brands.

The products are called Lakelands because GH (and SG) are from an area in the UK called the Lake District. You can take a wild guess why it's called that.

Rachael Gawith recently posted in another forum:
wild guess. because the British are weird and it's a very dry place, second wild guess because the British are weird and name things very literally.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
HU Sissinghurst has a similar essence as well

Synjeco out of switzerland also has a few proprietary blends made by gawith, mostly ropes (they are quite good, but not floral)

Reactions: mingc and logs

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
Is the general consensus that British OTCs are not considered Lakeland’s? I appreciate they may not come from Kendal, but they do have flavour notes that could fit the genre.
What blends might they be, besides Condor and St. Bruno (barely)? I think of Condor as Irish and SB from Liverpool and don't want to cast that history aside by calling them Lakelands.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
What blends might they be, besides Condor and St. Bruno (barely)? I think of Condor as Irish and SB from Liverpool and don't want to cast that history aside by calling them Lakelands.
Erinmore. War horse (a stretch but y’know somewhat of a fair one). Just trying to think of what’s available in US as opposed to ordering in

I agree with your conclusion btw. I just feel the term Lakeland’s is often used as referring more to a genre/family of British style scented tobacco as opposed to blends coming out of Kendal.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
Erinmore. War horse (a stretch but y’know somewhat of a fair one). Just trying to think of what’s available in US as opposed to ordering in

I agree with your conclusion btw. I just feel the term Lakeland’s is often used as referring more to a genre/family of British style scented tobacco as opposed to blends coming out of Kendal.
Erinmore is flavored but I guess I don't think of it as scented. I also think of it as Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.