PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ADKPiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Adirondack Mountains
I've been smoking a lot.
I have 3 or 4 bowls with my morning coffee.
One after lunch, several after dinner and a couple more in the evening watching TV. Usually around 10 a day all in.
Yup. I feel like a degenerate.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Normally it’s 4-5 a day. I work from
home so it’s hard not to smoke more. But the past month with nerves and stress, more like 9 bowls a day. I find myself enjoying it a bit less though. I’m going to try and pace myself a bit more to keep the anticipation up.

Reactions: Casual

Jeremiah Johnson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2020
Westchester County, NY
a bowl of Va after dinner which takes a couple hours to get through

Is that a couple hours of continuos smoking? If so, in what kind of pipe? Or do you let it go out and take some time between relights? I know there are "slow smoking" contents, but I'm not clear on what people usually mean when they say a bowl lasts so long.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
It was 3-5 but the last few months, more like 8-9. Home all day. On the patio morning to night with iPad Pro and doing some work etc. I’m going through too much tobacco now too. So trying to slow down but it’s not easy. Think I did 6 or so today. Escudo, Solani silver flake, Penzance, oak alley, Balkan Sobranie, aged burley flake . And when not out there smoking, I’m on pipe forums. Lol. Yeah 3 a day I’d feel better about that. But longer smokes. Lol.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
I've been smoking pipes near about 40 years. Some years I smoke them more, some, maybe not at all. But I have been consistent about one thing: I do smoke them. Currently, as I near retirement, I just had seven of my pipes worked on professionally to bring them back up to speed. I rarely, if ever, throw a pipe away. I know I got rid of one, it was just messed up. When I do smoke regularly, it is about 2 pipe loads a day. Currently, I am experimenting with English Blend tobaccos - I don't know why I waited so long - so I am smoking a bit more than I usually do.

morior8

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2021
1-3 bowls a day, depends on if I'm trying out a bunch of new blends or not. Then it'll kick it up to 8 sometimes.