PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
More than I could ever justify having if I had to explain it to a rational person. Heck, even people who are irrational about tobacco acquisition wouldn't understand. I don't really know how I got here myself.

In the best of times, I tell myself this is a 'hobby.' When times are tough, I think about therapy.
What is this rational thing you speak of? I am unfamiliar with this word. ?

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I must confess to having an irrational number of tins, bags, cans and jars stored. Or so I thought... the loss of blends and blending houses we’ve experienced over just the past several years makes me wish I could go back and buy more. I suppose you could say that, like many of you, I have a lifetime supply. But then I’ve said that before :oops: You just never know what legislation is around the corner that could take a favorite off the market. Looking at the prices of consignment tins recently, the market clearly supports the buy and hold strategy. I don’t look at tobacco as an investment. What I’m saying is better to buy now than later.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I like variety as well. 50 or so in jars. Recently started to buy Virginia’s and VA/Pers to cellar in jars. I see how after a year or two the taste is for sure different. Now just adding stuff slowly.

I’m a one bowl a day guy, evenings outside and Sat morning with coffee. I don’t tear through it, so stuff open in jars is sort of aging as well? I know it stops when you open it, but let me pretend it tastes sweeter, richer, and more nuanced.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
More than I could ever justify having if I had to explain it to a rational person. Heck, even people who are irrational about tobacco acquisition wouldn't understand. I don't really know how I got here myself.

In the best of times, I tell myself this is a 'hobby.' When times are tough, I think about therapy.
but what are you going to do with something you try and don't want in your regular rotation? Toss it? Or jar it and stick it away somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.