PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
106 - can you believe it? I have at least 106 blends jarred. That's not counting a couple of big jars holding multiple ziplocks of stuff I didn't value very much. That would easily number it over 120.

How many in your cellar are regular smokes? Maybe 12 for me.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

unadoptedlamp

Mar 19, 2014
106 is bar far more than any tobacconist shop I've been in recently.

I keep things a little more focused. Maybe a dozen or so blends in various quantities. Sort of like your small mom and pop tobacconist that doesn't exist anymore.

But I sure have tried a lot of blends to get to know what I like the most. I just never "stocked up" on them all to figure that out.

You'll be well entertained for the years to come!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I wish you hadn't asked. Just sitting here, in view, I can count 64, and there are another ten in a pipe rack/cabinet out of sight, so maybe a total of about 74. Some of these are partial small jars and half empty pouches, but they are all there, and likely a few others stashed away. I had no idea. I recently got up my nerve to count pipes, because I was trading a few toward one other, and there were more than ninety. Yolks. This might help stifle my next attack of TAD. Or PAD. I would have guessed forty or fifty blends. Huh!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It really sneaks up on me. I'm one of these guys who rarely buys more than a few ounces of a few blends. Once or twice a year I might live large with a pound bag. I smoke gradually, one might say glacially, so i end up buying considerably more than I use up. A total ban would leave me with years of blends. A five pound purchase is beyond my comprehension, both in quantity, and because variety is a big deal for me.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
I have 20 mason jars for the things I'm smoking now. I only smoke 1 bowl a day usually (with my morning coffee), so I realize that's probably ridiculous, but I like the variety. I'm currently trying to stock up on my "cellar" as I plan on retiring in 4 or 5 years.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Oh man, I don't think I want to know. What I think of as my "cellar" are sealed tins and jars of bulk that I'm storing/aging. I keep a very careful record of what's in there on a spreadsheet with tin/jarring date, amount, etc. I have about 60 different blends, with 20 or so being just one tin.

My collection of open tins (all in jars) is another thing altogether. I don't keep track of it, and there are at least as blends as are in my cellar (obviously, many or most are the same blends as in my "cellar"). I don't really know exactly what's there, but I'd guess at least 70 different blends. The "open" jars are just dumped haphazardly in a couple of boxes, and sometimes it's fun to go digging in there for something I forgot about.

alexnc

Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
So I'm not the only one, whew! Most of them are blends that I tried and did not stock up on but rather passed by and didn't want to toss - just things I tried. I've stocked up on 25 or 26, which to me means 4 or 5 tins - or one 8oz tin - in one case a pound - depending on how it's sold.

Sonorisis

Dec 24, 2019
More than I could ever justify having if I had to explain it to a rational person. Heck, even people who are irrational about tobacco acquisition wouldn't understand. I don't really know how I got here myself.

In the best of times, I tell myself this is a 'hobby.' When times are tough, I think about therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.