How Many Blends and other Items have PG in Them?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
2 Fresh Kent Rasmussen Pipes
60 Fresh Neerup Pipes
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
12 Fresh BriarWorks Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
I don't see a reason to worry about this. First of all, pg is used everywhere, and vaping being considered about 95% less dangerous than smoking at least says something about inhaled safety.

Then there is the reason for pg being there at all, there is probably a reason good enough to not remove it, and maybe you wouldn't like pipe tobacco that much without it?

And lastly, there isn't a "natural" pipe tobacco unless you grow your own completely. You can't be sure that the tobacco is completely organically grown and loved if you buy whole leaf.

This is a ridiculous discussion.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
The "hazards" arising when you eat or inject a bunch of it, especially if you're an infant. I'll keep that in mind. ;) Even your "Dr Naturopath" blog articles had to admit in the end that they didn't have evidence that it was dangerous in small doses...

Sorry if this sounds combative. We humans sometimes like to find reasons to worry (maybe since we're no longer chased by large creatures or something), and I'm also a bit of a worrier, so I'm used to challenging thoughts like that... ;)
Its fine, fine ... Don't worry about it. Have some more and relax ... 1665429105514.png
I take it all the time and I'm fine.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@TheWhale13 and others replying, I shifted gears slightly, besides PG, hoping one day we can get tobacco blenders to simply tell us on the labels, if the tobacco is all natural, or it has artificial ingredients.

I was not talking about Organically grown tobacco. Sure growing with chemicals and pesticides isn’t great either. I was more concerned for now, about ingredients added afterwards, when blending.

Obviously everyone has different opinions and concerns, it’s not the point. I was later bringing up, which is simply listing if the product is all natural, or does it contain artificial ingredients.

So at least allow consumers to make educated choices that want to know, that’s all.

We should at least be able to know if we are smoking all natural tobacco, or not.

This is how I mentioned some of this before;

This Tobacco is all Natural
or
This tobacco is 100% Natural
or
This tobacco is not all Natural and contains Artificial ingredients
or
This tobacco contains Artificial Ingredients

P.S. I don’t see anything wrong here in this type of labeling.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
It will never happen as saying the tobacco is all natural could be looked at as implying it’s safe. Like how they were regulated away from calling blends “light” as it could mean it’s not as bad for you.

Reactions: paulfg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
It will never happen as saying the tobacco is all natural could be looked at as implying it’s safe. Like how they were regulated away from calling blends “light” as it could mean it’s not as bad for you.

It’s not meant to imply anything other than a natural product or a product that isn’t completely natural.

It’s the same concept in the food industry, many products on the shelves labeled as all natural.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
If this has PG in it, then this is fraudulent marketing.

Unless there is some FDA guideline that allows the word natural to be used in products containing PG. hmm 🤔

PG is not natural, while it can be processed from nautural materials, it is a Synthetic.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Last edited:

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
It’s not meant to imply anything other than a natural product or a product that isn’t completely natural.

It’s the same concept in the food industry, many products on the shelves labeled as all natural.
yeah but your talking about smoking here ,so that will never happen.
I agree with @fireground_piper ,in Europe you cant even have a blend with an "attractive name"
ie GH Rum Flake ,as it is enticing to children!!!

Reactions: fireground_piper

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
If this has PG in it, then this is fraudulent marketing.

Unless there is some FDA guideline that allows the word natural to be used in products containing PG. hmm 🤔

PG is not natural, while it can be processed from nautural materials, it is a Synthetic.
If you are interested in labeling ... last I checked there is no federal definition or rule for use of the word organic. So cardboard can be organic. That may have changed in recent years but when everything suddenly became organic many years ago I checked and there wasn't a restriction on use.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
If you are interested in labeling ... last I checked there is no federal definition or rule for use of the word organic. So cardboard can be organic. That may have changed in recent years but when everything suddenly became organic many years ago I checked and there wasn't a restriction on use.

I didn’t say Organic, I said Natural.

And by definition of Natural with the FDA, the guidelines are not very well defined for ingredients, but more towards natural flavoring.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I didn’t say Organic, I said Natural.

And by definition of Natural with the FDA, the guidelines are not very well defined for ingredients, but more towards natural flavoring.
I understood ... I should have been clearer that "organic" is, or once was, another vague term. Sorry about that. :oops: