PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Here is a pipe that has been on SP's Italian Estate pipe section for about a week now...I've seen novelty pipes like this sell quickly, or take a long time. Today is May 2nd...how long will it take to sell this pipe? I say it will sell the week of May 17th...you pick a week. Pipe

Image.jpgImage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
So they took a grabow freehand with a bad bottom and made this? ?
According to pipedia, the Bartlett Pipe Co. applied for a patent on these pipes in 1980. But I see what you mean about the Grabow freehand. I worked with another pipe smoker back around 1983 who had a pipe similar to this. He called it his rainy day pipe because he could smoke it outside if it was raining.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I can’t even get myself to buy a radiator or a flacon. Let alone some wonkadelic bat shit baNanas pipe. Especially when it costs as much as a legit artisan pipe.

I appreciate the fun of the insanus series, but as of yet....not for me.

Reactions: Casual and BROBS

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The upside down pipe has been around for nearly a century.

Coolidge, Dawes, and the Lyon Pipe in the 1924 Campaign :: General Pipe Smoking Discussion - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/coolidge-dawes-and-the-lyon-pipe-in-the-1924-campaign.64427/

If it were sandblasted and bigger, I would buy it. Not a fan of rustication or small pipes. There were Lyon pipes, and WDC made some as well.

il_794xN.2200419801_d265.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BROBS and Kozeman

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The only enjoyment I see here is having people gape at it, which isn't my thing. Or maybe my concept of pipe smoking is just too crimped. It's just not performance art to my way of thinking.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.