Tobacco Treasures Ad

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Country Squire Banner

Bivymack

Sep 25, 2021
Tennessee
I’ve only been at it for 2 months, but anywhere between 40 minutes to 2 hours depending on several variables as people have mentioned. Less than 40 minutes would be a challenge with how I’ve been going about the process.

Reactions: Fiver5 and JOHN72

crashthegrey

Preferred Member
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
A handy frame of reference. The United Pipe Clubs of America standardized the rules to a slow smoke. So I can tell you exactly three grams of tobacco last most people 30 minutes to close to two hours. That's a huge variance with the exact same pipe and amount of tobacco. So don't be disheartened, but know that you could squeeze an hour and a half, on a single light, out of a mere three grams. It just takes practice.

Frasermac

Jul 30, 2020
Lake District
How long?
As loads have said it depends on the a range of things however, a cob typically lasts 30-60 minutes, a briar takes longer. I’m not great at sitting still for ages 🤣 so mostly smoke while walking the dogs. It also means I tend to avoid cigars larger than robusto as I get bored after an hour or so!

Reactions: Fiver5

tmcg81

May 8, 2020
NJ
I usually smoke for 45 minutes to an hour, or until I get bored or have something to do. I've been folding and stuffing flakes on the weekends when I have a little more time on my hands and those bowls will hit the hour and a half mark with no problem. I usually end up dumping the bowl at that point, but im sure that they would go beyond two hours.

hauntedmyst

Preferred Member
Feb 1, 2010
30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the bowl. I’m working on a bowl of War Horse Green that’s going past the hour mark. Same size bowl of shag goes 40 minutes or so.

Reactions: Fiver5