How Long Before California Bans Tobacco?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiedds

Lurker
Sep 2, 2019
I live in this state. I cannot any longer act surprised by marginalization of the weak at the hands of mainline ideologies. This being only one small speck in the larger picture,... making tobacco illegal, how long?

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
I'd say soon. The insulated rich can always find legal ways to make themselves exempt even as they tout their SWJ crap left and ri— lefter.

California's gone to the dogs. Not just tobacco, but as I was reviewing a leathercraft catalog weeks ago I saw that the amount of stuff that cannot be sold in California is staggering. I'm amazed the state has any industry left at all. Basically, EVERYTHING causes cancer according to CA.

Reactions: ron123 and brian64

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Well, in Beverly Hills they already banned the sale of all tobacco (with the exemption of two cigar shops frequented by the same elite which banned the tobacco sale) but cannabis shops are flourishing all around.

It will be interesting to see what will happen with the FDA investigation on deaths related to e-vape which is clearly due to TCH vape but they are refusing to admit and still calling generically as e-vape related.

I think before banning all tobacco sale probably they will raise progressively taxes to tobacco up to extortion level.

Reactions: eddiedds

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
It's not happening anytime soon. California doesn't have tobacco taxes or laws that are much worse than the average state as far as i can tell. The state has become dependent on that tax revenue. Certain cities are passing laws, but there are more tobacco shops in CA than most states and there are no web restrictions. I smoke where i want to out in public and don't run into any trouble.

I don't really get the doom and gloom. Could be much worse. Like Canada or Australia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Don't get me wrong. I don't like the anti smoking restrictions and tax increases either, but with the possible exception of a few tobacco industry states, there just isn't any state where tobacco use is popular and not subject to increasing regulation and taxes.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I'd say soon. The insulated rich can always find legal ways to make themselves exempt even as they tout their SWJ crap left and ri— lefter.

California's gone to the dogs. Not just tobacco, but as I was reviewing a leathercraft catalog weeks ago I saw that the amount of stuff that cannot be sold in California is staggering. I'm amazed the state has any industry left at all. Basically, EVERYTHING causes cancer according to CA.

5th largest economy on Earth, larger than the UK.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
... and give us on this day our daily marginalization.

Really, I’m just typing any dumbass thing to play with the new site.

? -Heh heh ... it’s late, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.