PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I am talking about the tubs. I am about half way through pouch. It is pretty tasty. I was thinking about buying a couple of tubs, as long as they won't loose all the flavor while sitting. I don't think it will be discontinued. How has it been for you?

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I have had several tubs of fairly old SWRA. It becomes slightly less aromatic, a bit darker and somewhat drier. Bottom line is, it holds up for 10 or more years with no problem.

Mike S.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
SWRA is a good one. If you ever want to cut the sweetness just a touch, try blending in some C&D Dark Burley. About 3 parts to 1.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I just bought a tub of SWRA, and I am still working on a pouch, so I think I'll let the tub stay sealed for a year or two at least. As a generality, I think tub tobacco stores well. In this case, the burley and Virginia components remain good or improve a little. Likely the liqueurs fade somewhat, but they may also mellow. I'm expecting good things. It's not a match by a long shot, but a tub of PC Chestnut I've been nibbling at for two or three years, a blend of five or six tobaccos and a non-aromatic, has if anything improved a little with time, and it wasn't bad to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.