PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Wide pots? Stacks? Cobs? Folded and stuffed, or rubbed out? Crispy or right out of the box? I'm new to this one, and I'm just not getting it. No MacBite, just MacBlah.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
+1 Litup. Crispy dry, folded and stuffed with some rubbed out kindling on top. If you like the topping, maybe a little moisture is ok. It's very far from being a fovorite of mine. Neither the sweet rum topping nor the burleys give me much pleasure, but it's very easy to get going and it has a decent amount of nicotine, if that's your thing.

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
I find Navy Flake tastes best about a week after I open a tin, it needs some oxygen for some reason.
As to smoking it, I never got along much with the fold-n-stuff method, found it left me relighting a lot and working hard, so I just take a flake or two and bust it up into chunks, and kind of loosely fill the pipe.
If you over heat it or work hard to find the flavor, it will disappoint, but if you can get it simmering just right, it's really nice stuff.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Fold and stuff. I roll the bottom part of the fold between my fingers to loosen it up a bit. Seems to help make it loose on the bottom and tight on the top.

raybrown55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 5, 2017
One of my favorites; I smoke it as it is out of the box, mainly rubbed out, but fold and stuff performs well too. When it's fresh, the Burley prevails, aged five years the fermented Virginia takes the lead. For me it's good in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.