How Do You Hold Your Pipe In Your Mouth?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
2 Fresh Chris Asteriou Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
4 Fresh Scott Thile Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
Living in Palm Springs, snazzy shirts are most at home here. Before Covid, we had a place called Bobby G's - and it was the Mecca of Snazzy Shirts. Literally, the Mecca of snazzy shirts. Nothing but snazzy shirts. And always, 70% off. Surely someone on this forum knows of what I speak.
Holy shit! What happened to the world...

I had this shirt/jacket made by Woolrich in the 60s or 70s in original Pendleton mill that was dark brown corduroy, real thick corduroy not the new crap... and the inside was burgundy, maroon, and gold paisley silk. I took it off at a Dead show a couple summers ago, set it on the ground behind me, didn't leave my spot... turned around at the end of the set and it was gone. Someone saw how glorious it was, saw me completely focused on the music and just made off with it. I'm surprised noone said anything.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
Holy shit! What happened to the world...

I had this shirt/jacket made by Woolrich in the 60s or 70s in original Pendleton mill that was dark brown corduroy, real thick corduroy not the new crap... and the inside was burgundy, maroon, and gold paisley silk. I took it off at a Dead show a couple summers ago, set it on the ground behind me, didn't leave my spot... turned around at the end of the set and it was gone. Someone saw how glorious it was, saw me completely focused on the music and just made off with it. I'm surprised noone said anything.
I'm not surprised. For someone my age, people either spot me as either a pimp, eccentric, or both (I suppose the dark glasses and the Panama don't help). I've always been attracted to colorful and cool shirts. I worked as a principal in the North Saint Louis area, just across the river from East Saint Louis, and I eventually was won over to the "style". Living here in California, I've been repeatedly accused by idiots of "cultural appropriation" when I go about my business of living- which means wearing my shirts out in public. ... At least in Palm Springs there is a group of people, they shall remain uncategorized for the sake of the moderators, who truly dig good looking shirts.

Reactions: Cucamonga95

Cucamonga95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2020
Northern VT
I'm not surprised. For someone my age, people either spot me as either a pimp, eccentric, or both (I suppose the dark glasses and the Panama don't help). I've always been attracted to colorful and cool shirts. I worked as a principal in the North Saint Louis area, just across the river from East Saint Louis, and I eventually was won over to the "style". Living here in California, I've been repeatedly accused by idiots of "cultural appropriation" when I go about my business of living- which means wearing my shirts out in public. ... At least in Palm Springs there is a group of people, they shall remain uncategorized for the sake of the moderators, who truly dig good looking shirts.
Ya crack me up! Don't you love it when a white person who listens to any American music from that last century and a half tells you you're appropriating another culture? Like, I'll enjoy my shirt, you enjoy your John Legend CD. These people... what, you want me to not eat peanut butter because I'm not the same color as George Washington Carver? I digress.

Reactions: telescopes

telescopes

Ya crack me up! Don't you love it when a white person who listens to any American music from that last century and a half tells you you're appropriating another culture? Like, I'll enjoy my shirt, you enjoy your John Legend CD. These people... what, you want me to not eat peanut butter because I'm not the same color as George Washington Carver? I digress.
Both my children are Mexican-American - they are adopted. Seriously, I've had people insinuate that this was cultural appropriation as well. So, short answer, I enjoy life and roll my eyes, (you can guess in what manner and associated with what culture) and put on my sombrero or stroll around with my six piece suit with matching electric blue lizard skinned shoes and velvet derby. And some worry that smoking a pipe might create a scene? LOL

telescopes

By the way, the shirt in my profile picture was made by none other than SHAG.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA

But I like fried chicken..

• Wow
Reactions: Cucamonga95

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I have never even heard of that happening.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Living in Palm Springs, snazzy shirts are most at home here. Before Covid, we had a place called Bobby G's - and it was the Mecca of Snazzy Shirts. Literally, the Mecca of snazzy shirts. Nothing but snazzy shirts. And always, 70% off. Surely someone on this forum knows of what I speak.
My grandfather lived in Rancho Mirage/Cathedral City for a number of years. Passed away 23 years ago Monday. We went through his stuff afterward. More snazzy shirts in that closet than prospective buyers of the last tin of Penzance in an east coast B&M. (And NEVER 70% off...)

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I have a team of blind, dyslexic, paranoid, large-breasted female dwarves on PCP attending to my every need. They bring me mead and ale, keep my phonograph free of dust with palm fronds the size of airplane tires, and if an insect gets in the house, they never kill it, but rather adopt it, tend to it to a slightly lesser degree than they do me, and name the insect based on Greek or Norse mythology.

But I digress. I clench rarely, mostly I just hold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.