PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
My weekend was spent on the annual ritual of opening up the cottage - putting in the water line and pump, airing things out, and raking up the million or so leaves carpeting the lot. The black flies were brutal. I swear there were a couple of times the little buggers tried to lift me up and carry me off into the bush. I have great sympathy for the poor moose which are driven crazy at this time of season. When the swarm got too thick, I headed to the deck for a well deserved break. I had quite a few breaks. And the leaves, well...there' always next weekend.
cottage-20190518-600x600.jpg

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Ah, that's right. Your Memorial Day is this coming weekend. We celebrated Victoria Day this past weekend. For some reason I thought both holidays were lined up this year. I may just have to have another long weekend, come to think of it.
And yes, that's a Brigham Sportsman. I'm partial to Brighams.

I started getting our pool ready last month. But, we've only had a few weeks where the water was warm enough to enjoy it.

Glad you had a good one.

I had even forgotten about Memorial Day. I don't have someone telling me when to work and when to go home, so I'll probably just work right through it. Things don't just get theirself done.

Jan 8, 2013
My upcoming long weekend will take place at work getting my butt handed to me as I try to keep up with the demand for meat for everyone who will be enjoying their long weekend firing up their grills. If I can just get home at a decent enough time to enjoy a cold one and a pipe afterward each day, I'll be content.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I certainly did deserve the baccy and beer! thanks mso :)
Anyone notice the cool tamper?
And my partner, who's not a fan of tobacco, told me to get puffing and keep those black flies away! Seems I owe those little guys a bit of thanks.
Said partner is a vegan so I seldom see meat, Anthony. I myself am a "flegan" (pronounced flea-gan, a flexible vegan, I think I should copy-rite that term); I do enjoy a good steak about once a year.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
No plans for the coming long weekend. A deliberate move on my part.
Well ... there's a certain spot where I might do a small patch of planting ...

renal923

Might Stick Around
Dec 18, 2018
Mine is this coming monday. With the kid at her moms for the week starting this friday, I plan on sitting around doing nothing, smoking my pipe, and maybe, if the weather gets warm enough (75 in Arizona in May is ridiculously cold!) go for a swim or 8.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Putting the airplane in the water and doing assloads of yard work. My riding mower took a dump so I had to break out the push mower and sweat it out. 2 acres is a bitch. Got a bowl of solani abf in though, so can't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.