PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
The average temperature for tomorrow where I live in Carolina is a high of 56 degrees.The projected temperature is 21.The wind will make it feel like 10 degrees.Tomorrow night is expected to be the coldest night here on that date in over 100 years.For folks in the south who very seldom if ever have to cope with this weather it's darn cold.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
HEY PUFFY ... Your a neighbor. Im in hertford. MSG me if near by and I'll join you for a smoke.
I judge the cold by how many pairs of long johns and I have to wear and if I have to add sweat pants as well underneath my jeans. it is definitely a two pair day with a good chance of sweats.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
here in ny we have been in the teens with temperatures in the single digets with the wind chill

desertpipe

Might Stick Around
Nov 13, 2014
I grew up in Michigan and understood what cold was.....until. I spent time living in a small village named Mayo in the Yukon Territory of Canada. Woke up one morning to have Canadian Broadcasting tell me it was 79 f degrees below 0.....the coldest spot in North America that morning. Cold is relative, but I came to New Mexico 34 years ago to thaw out. Still here...it will reach almost 50 degrees F here today. Not bad for mid February.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Right now in Vegas it's a frigid 50 degrees. The high is only a chilly 79 for today. It's supposed to get even colder this weekend though, with highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 40s.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
johnnyiii, How do you layer up that much without getting too warm once you are moving? On a related note, how do you move with that many layers?

bigjoe

Might Stick Around
Aug 14, 2014
It was -32C. this morning on my way to work, -40 with wind... if you spit, it will bounce.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Here just north of Boston, not only have we been dumped on with feet of snow in a short period of time, but also a prolonged stretch of bitter cold weather. We always get a lot of snow here each winter, but in the past you'd get some snow, and most of it would melt before the next storm. Last night the TV meteorologist said this year we have only had one day with temps above freezing (and that was 34 degrees). So basically nothing is melting. Homes and buildings are literally collapsing from the unprecedented weight of snow on them.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
guess I don't need to say shit about the measly +15 f here in the midsouth.
8O

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Hey buroak

johnnyiii, How do you layer up that much without getting too warm once you are moving? On a related note, how do you move with that many layers?
I strip baby .... I got a dollar once to ... not to go further. LOL. Its worse when it starts at 20 something in the morning but is almost 60 something by afternoon as a front passes in. That actually happens a lot here.
AND don't forget that with the layers I gotta tool bag full of stuff I would guess weighing 20 lbs.
Its funny .. I can be toating a bunch of lumber and gotta take a bunch of top layers off. Then I could be looking and figuring on something I gotta build then gotta put cloths back on, Construction is a lot of work. :P
But if your in an open field or even in the city limits where the street can be like a wind tunnel like I normally am It gets cold after a while and you gotta be in it all day.
I like it most times though .. especially if there is a light snow. ... Beautiful!!
I will add though that my uncle is the opposite. No longjohns just dickies, a t-shirt and a hoody. I shiver just looking at him.

Mar 1, 2014
On the note of layers, it is harder to work (walk, wiggle your arms etc...) with three or four layers on. After an especially cold week when you get to take some layers off it feels like a great burden has been lifted (we basically work in t-shirts again if it's sunny and above freezing).

Speaking of which, this is nearly a record year for the number of days with a high above freezing in Alberta.
I do envy the amount of snow Boston has, jumping out a third story window sounds like fun, and I love the snow in general.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
@drwatson Hope you O.k.in that cold.

Just came back from night smoking it feels like 3 degree.

I shouldn't say it's cold. happy IPSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.