Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Haven't seen these before. Cool, really cool. Did they make one that held multiple pipes or just singles?
They made a single rest that didn't have a tray on the front, nothing for more than one pipe. There were some later companies that did make multiple in line pressed glass rests. I have a few 4 & 5 pipe in line glass rests.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
I like that jade colored one. I should find one of these for my desk.
Good luck, the Jadeite is one of the hardest colors to find, they didn't make many in that color. Collectors tend to snap em up pretty quickly so they can get pricey. Also glass collectors and resellers tend not to know what these things are so they get listed as spoon rests and all sorts of strange things on resale sites and eBay.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
Thanks for the pointers. Figures I want the most expensive hard-to-find version haha.
Amber and brown are the most common, they're pretty easy to come by. I bought my fist two for 50 cents each at an antique store together several years ago. The rest have taken years to find at glass shows, eBay, and antique stores. The single rests are near impossible to find and if when they do pop up I generally buy them. I'm still hunting for a few colors. I've spoken to the gentleman who now owns the original molds used by the factory and have pretty extensive photos of them. There are some logo/data embossing variations throughout the years and some are older than others and in turn worth more.

Egg Shen

Lifer
Nov 26, 2021
Pennsylvania
Amber and brown are the most common, they're pretty easy to come by. I bought my fist two for 50 cents each at an antique store together several years ago. The rest have taken years to find at glass shows, eBay, and antique stores. The single rests are near impossible to find and if when they do pop up I generally buy them. I'm still hunting for a few colors. I've spoken to the gentleman who now owns the original molds used by the factory and have pretty extensive photos of them. There are some logo/data embossing variations throughout the years and some are older than others and in turn worth more.
That’s all pretty cool info. I won’t look on e bay so as to not step on your toes, but if I see one in the wild at a fair price I’ll snag it. What are the other colors that your still seeking? Red yellow and orange and purple seem to be “missing” from your spectrum, if they made those. We’re any embossed with pipe company logos?

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
That’s all pretty cool info. I won’t look on e bay so as to not step on your toes, but if I see one in the wild at a fair price I’ll snag it. What are the other colors that your still seeking? Red yellow and orange and purple seem to be “missing” from your spectrum, if they made those. We’re any embossed with pipe company logos?
None were ever embossed with anything other the company info on the bottom. Id have to look at my spreadsheet to see what colors I'm missing, these are not all of my pieces, I have quite a few more.

Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
While Mr. R. Pyles collects cool-as-shit glass stuff, his wife collects cats.

Their happy marriage has been used by theoretical physicists to prove that literally anything is possible.

View attachment 187502
Lucky we don't have as many cats as I do pipes and pipe rests and other various collections. We're down to two now. My wife puts up with a lot of PAD shenanigan's, she even occasionally takes part and buys me one. I would be remis if did not admit that a large bulk of my Houze collection has been hunted and secured by her. Hunting, researching, and acquiring depression era glass pipe furniture is her way of being a part of my pipe collecting mania. She's an enabler, so really it's all her fault...😹 Lets not even get into my ever growing insulator collection.