PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Thought about buying a few lb's of Hal and OG but stumbled across a negative review of both in bulk that has given me pause. What say you? Any pipe time with tin or bulk of the same blend?

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
I received a sample of bulk OG, I was so impressed I ordered a half pound. Rattray's bulk is expensive though, I think you get an extra 100 grams for the price of 4 100 gram tins, or 500 grams in bulk

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
After my comment I looked in my cellar and found a jar of two year old OG (okay I was putting more in my cellar) so I popped it and a tin of roughly the same age. They both have benefitted from the 2 years. I even "sacrificed" a new tin to make sure.
I would keep buying bulk but my spending spree is over and my cellar is essentially stocked.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Awesome! I'm sure the tobacco gods are well pleased with your sacrifice and will lavish upon you manifold gifts. It's great to have some real data points. I suspect several posters read the exact same bulk review as I on spc.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
The blend to benefit the most was Marlin Flake. I just had some some fresh Marlin flake and some with 4 years. The 4 year old was almost black .......buttery smooth with just a nice light peppery taste. Very good. Fresh Marlin was good but the Va's were tangy. Very good either way but the aged was delicious.
For science.

Status
Not open for further replies.