PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I have 6 meets and I love 5 of them. All great smokers but I have 1 that smokes much hotter than the others. It looks like a block and it is statrting to color some but I wonder I find it is really a block. Has anyone else had this happen to them? It has the same bowl size as the others but...

Jan 8, 2013
I would just chalk it up to separate pipes have separate characteristics. Being a meer, you don't have to worry about burnout, so I would just smoke it as any other. Whether briar, or meer, or any number of materials, if you were to take two pipes of the same material and shape and drilling as perfect to each other as is possible, one will smoke hotter or cooler than the other. They might not normally show so much of a difference, but sometimes they might. If the hotter bowl bothers you, try a cooler burning blend, or just smoke slower. Otherwise, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
The quality of meerschaum, the thickness of the walls, the type of tobacco you're smoking, your smoking cadence etc. will all play into how the pipe smokes as well as how hot it smokes. I imagine your cadence is the same, and the tobaccos are the same as well, so its primarily going to come down to the quality of the meerschaum.

Status
Not open for further replies.