PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Swirley ones are worth some money to all kinds of artisans you use a hole saw & cut out rings for bracelet & jewelry, trim & joint rings, etc. Maybe pipes with swirley stem rings will be next.

PS: metalflake bowling balls could become valuable next.
IMG_6570.PNG

Reactions: timelord

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My brother-in-law's family has owned a bowling alley since the early 60's. They have more bowling balls and pins than they know what to do with. People will bring their old balls and just leave them. If he catches them, he tells them to take them with...he doesn't want them.
My sister-in-law has arranged bowling ball painting parties. Women would show up and paint the bowling balls to look like a ladybugs. Then at the end of the night they would lug these ladybugs home and place them in their gardens. Hell, we even had one for a summer...then it went in the trash.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Mike, how in earth do you find all of these crazy stories?
The same thing that drives a man to store 150 bowling balls under his porch: boredom. Or mental insanity. The key to life in my opinion is to be able to curb the former before it transforms into the latter. Most people can't. The entire profession of psychiatry depends on this very fact.

Wow, give me a Sav and a bowl of C&D Opening Night, and I can almost sound like I know what I'm talking about... :col:

Reactions: brian64

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
The same thing that drives a man to store 150 bowling balls under his porch: boredom. Or mental insanity. The key to life in my opinion is to be able to curb the former before it transforms into the latter. Most people can't. The entire profession of psychiatry depends on this very fact.

Wow, give me a Sav and a bowl of C&D Opening Night, and I can almost sound like I know what I'm talking about... :col:
I’m still waiting for the headline “Canadian pipe smoker attacked by raccoon while retrieving corn cob from roof”

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mike, how in earth do you find all of these crazy stories?

They find me.

My brother-in-law's family has owned a bowling alley since the early 60's. They have more bowling balls and pins than they know what to do with. People will bring their old balls and just leave them. If he catches them, he tells them to take them with...he doesn't want them.
My sister-in-law has arranged bowling ball painting parties. Women would show up and paint the bowling balls to look like a ladybugs. Then at the end of the night they would lug these ladybugs home and place them in their gardens. Hell, we even had one for a summer...then it went in the trash.
Scott, that sounds like a new side business for you - painted ladybug bowling bowls.

I’m still waiting for the headline “Canadian pipe smoker attacked by raccoon while retrieving corn cob from roof”

Ha! I will leave that for Jay to post up if it makes it to the BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.