PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I almost dove into self-barbering a few weeks after a friend did a minor trim on my hair. I also almost gave the barber at the little strip mall nearby a visit. But my wife bought some barber scissors online and offered to give it a try. I think she'd given one other haircut years ago. I was tired of looking like an extra in a Western film, so I was prepared to accept a little patchy look if necessary. But no! It was among the best haircuts I've had. Short enough, not too short, even, and best of all, completely to her satisfaction. She didn't look at me afterwards and say, "It'll grow out."

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
The first meal my wife ever cooked for me (when we were courting) coincided with her giving me one too. A hair cut that is. Unfortunately we had to stop 2/3rds of the way through because the meal was ready and the guests were about to arrive. That’s when I knew she was a keeper. Willing to introduce me to her friends and family with me looking like a total nut case. Nothings really changed

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I've been gently suggesting my wife give me one too. She's totally fine with me seeing Rachel at "Great Clips" for a little trim though. I have to admit Rachel is really good.

Reactions: mso489 and BROBS

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Mrs. Hap has been cutting my hair since I joined the military several years ago. The first few were...rough. I had more than a couple occasions where we had to buzz it all off and start from scratch. But nowadays she's really got the hang of it, and gives me a very professional-looking "fade".

Whenever I think of all the money we've saved from buying a $40 set of clippers in 2015 and foregoing the $15-20 charge at the barber every two weeks, I'm incredibly glad we suffered through the learning curve. Especially in quarantine.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We overdo the distancing because my wife has several vulnerabilities, and we both are seniors. I'd rather be phobic than ill. As I told one pharmacy tech when he asked me if I was a Covid patient because of my mask, I hope this mask is as silly (unnecessary) as it looks. Next visit, he was wearing a mask, not because of me, but because of Walgreen policy.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Wish I could get a beard trim at the barbershop. They told me it was illegal. Face mask and all....

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wish I could get a beard trim at the barbershop. They told me it was illegal. Face mask and all....
91eswOAQc7L._SL1500_.jpg

Capt Morgan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2020
Dallas, Texas
I love my Whal.

Also, the barber shops here are open, and will do shaves, haircuts, and all, you have to make an appointment, it's a long list because it is only two customers in the shop at a time.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Status
Not open for further replies.