PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
The Pipe Gods have smiled on me today. I collect Peterson XL21s and have six in the Spigot/Army type. A seven day set in that type has been the objective but that last pipe has eluded me. Peterson made an Army Mount in the Rock of Cashel line and I have scoured the net in search of one to no avail. I had all but given up. That is until yesterday. One of the newer sponsors (Le pipe) appeared in the listing and I thought I’d have a look to see what they had available. There to my amazement was the very pipe I needed so I didn’t hesitate and pulled the trigger. I was elated until things got a little complicated. In the process of registering somehow the pipe now in my basket got lost. I immediately repeated the order only to find the item now marked sold so unavailable. Needless to say I was devastated. This morning in my in box was an email indicating the pipe had been moved to my account and was awaiting payment. After an exchange of several emails (quite promptly I might add) they supplied me with a payment link and the pipe was mine. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster!!! The set is now complete, at least as a seven day set. Who knows what tomorrow might bring. I can’t say enough about these fine folks. Their service is prompt, courteous and pleasant. Thanks Kevin, but for you I might never have found this elusive pipe.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Congrats! It's always good to hear about someone finding their Holy Grail. You can breath now.

alexnorth

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2015
Congrats! A nice catch!

I've been checking out lepipe, they really have some very nice pipes.decent pricing too i believe

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Thanks one and all. I tend to limit my pipe buying to Rhodies and Dogs (PAD control) and I buy pipes because I like how they look but even more importantly based on how they smoke. The XL21 is what I think of as a perfect pipe. Each of us has his preferences and no one is better than another but the Peterson Bulldog (XL 21)is mine, with a smooth easy draw, a substantial tobacco chamber and a bit that lends itself to sipping. The style is classical and Peterson's better grades are always finished well. All seven of the pipes in this set share the same style number but each is a unique representation of that style. No two are the same. As the father of five children, there wasn't a lot of money for pipes in the budget. Much of my collection consisted of Estate pipes I reconditioned. The kids are grown and gone now, the mortgage paid and I don't owe anything to anyone so I promised myself a matching set of pipes that had never been smoked by anyone else. The Pipe Gods saw fit to grant that wish.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Outstanding Dutch! Can't wait to see the whole set in some kind of special display. You never disappoint.

May 4, 2015
Congrats - I like that quite a bit!
Are all pipes in the 7-day set fishtails? All of the Army mounts may be, so this could be a silly question.

Status
Not open for further replies.