PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
I got a load of ratray stuff for Christmas to restock my cellar. Marlin flake, bag pipers dream, and Buckingham. I have been powering through the100 gm tins of last years marlin flake. I haven't tryed bag pipers dream or Buckingham yet but they sound up my alley.

Last edited:

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I got a load of ratray stuff for Christmas to restock my cellar. Marlin flake, bag pipers dream, and Buckingham. I have been powering through the100 gm tins of last years marlin flake. I haven't tryed bag pipers dream or Buckingham yet but they sound up my alley.
Nice! Marlin flake is my #1 cellared Rattrays blend. It’s the best of the three Va/Per blends, IMO, although HOTW and Old Gowrie are good as well.

Reactions: Tommy Boy

Parsimonious Piper

Can't Leave
Oct 12, 2019
Ordered Some Christmas Blend from Milan Tobacconist in Roanoke Va. Amazing stuff! Tastes like all your favorite desserts in one.
Picked up a half pound when I was in their shop a couple weekends ago. Very good. I’ve also been smoking C&D Sugarplum and Stokkebye Family Reserve (marzipan) a bit more lately.

Reactions: cory84

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Nice! Marlin flake is my #1 cellared Rattrays blend. It’s the best of the three Va/Per blends, IMO, although HOTW and Old Gowrie are good as well.
That was my opinion as well. HOTW and Old gowrie were good and i enjoyed them just fine. I would say old gowrie was second place but Marlin flake just hit the right spot for me.

Reactions: chopper

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I'm in a Virginia mode right now, but I think that's gonna soon shift to a condimental DFK mode. After that, it might be time for an aromatic, and it'll be among (or all of) these 4:

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake
Paul's Pipe Shop Arrowhead
Russ' Snickerdoodle
C&D Golden Days of Yore

Reactions: chopper and cory84

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
All of my recent windfalls;

MacBaren Vanilla Cream Flake [yum]
Newminster 400 Superior Navy Flake.
Count Pulaski.
Comoys Cask No.9
Early Morning Pipe Match.
Jesses Own.
Prince Albert.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I still have a half a dozen tins of various Christmas Cheer in the cellar. 2003 being the oldest. I have a tin of Hermit Holiday 2004 and 2008, which is what I opened for this year's enjoyment. I also managed to jar up a decent amount of Gawith's Xmas 2006 which, to me, is like Christmas in a pipe. There are also a couple of tins of Gawith Christmas 2007 that I believe is is very similar to the 2006 offering, only tinned. Lastly, I have a tin of Holiday Spirit and one of the C&D offerings so, I' have Christmas covered for a while yet. I do enjoy popping something for Christmas every year about December 20th or so.

Mike Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.