PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I placed an order from SP on November 30th. A new pipe, and 5 tins of tobacco along with some accessories. I live in South Korea and one of the options to have it delivered is the Super Saver International.

It cost around $10-11 for international orders, but does not contain a tracking number. I have used this option three other times without problems (usually takes about 2-3 weeks to arrive), however, I still haven't received my package. I know another pipe smoker in South Korea who has used this option without fail too.

My invoice said it was shipped out on December 2nd, which puts it right at 4 weeks now for it to arrive. My other inkling is that because of increased shipments from all carriers this time of year, the volume of packages coming in and out across the world could have created some delay, but I'm getting worried now. It's not a huge loss if it never gets to me as the package was worth about $130, but I still want my things. I suppose I should use tracking next time.

What would be your general consensus as to what to do next? It's delivered through UPS Innovations, a branch of UPS which works directly with USPS as well.

I was thinking about contacting SP customer service to see if they can do anything on their end, to possibly have some trace of it. Otherwise, I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Casual

f5rd2hy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2017
NV
Recently had an ebay purchase usps tracking show delivered on Mon 12-23-19. Nothing received. Four (4) days later it shows up on my doorstep along with another delivery.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
This would be the best first course of action.
I have contacted them, actually immediately after I posted this. Not sure why I asked in the first place as it's the most obvious solution. I suppose I just wanted some love from the forum members!:LOL:

I'm waiting for a reply, considering I'm 14 hours ahead. Don't worry, everything is fine here in the future (at least I think)--oh wait, where's my damn package!?

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Recently had an ebay purchase usps tracking show delivered on Mon 12-23-19. Nothing received. Four (4) days later it shows up on my doorstep along with another delivery.
I've had the same thing happen, and also tracking of shipping completely not updated from the country of origin. Bought a pipe from SP.eu and said it was still in the warehouse in Dublin. Showed up 3 weeks later with no update whatsoever.

I'm not sure but I think sometimes cross-country scanning/tracking gets a mix-up from time to time.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
I think delay is most likely. I have used this shipping option to Canada dozens of times, and the shipping time varies from 6 business days to 20, with a mode of about 10. Never lost a package, but if I did, I’d contact SP.com to see if they can do anything and then write it off as a fluke.

Reactions: BROBS

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I think delay is most likely. I have used this shipping option to Canada dozens of times, and the shipping time varies from 6 business days to 20, with a mode of about 10. Never lost a package, but if I did, I’d contact SP.com to see if they can do anything and then write it off as a fluke.
I guess I've just been spoiled the last few times I used the option. I will have to wait for a reply and I'll wait another few weeks if need be.

Reactions: Casual and BROBS

burleyboy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I just can support the call for patience. I live in Germany and often have to wait for UPS Super Savers from the US more than one month. I would not worry for the moment.

Reactions: BROBS

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Yep, I would definately bet on it just being delayed. This time of year is pretty crazy. Remember, 75% of everything is purchased online now. That's my own statistics, of course. It's probably more like 80%

Status
Not open for further replies.