PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Stolen picture 🤷‍♂️
We have Cherry orchards here and I make my own with bottled in bond 100 proof
View attachment 181419
Do you make cherry bounce too? It's a cherry infused bourbon or whiskey that even George Washington made.

Speaking of which, @mikethompson are you still making rumtopf? I stumbled across an old thread over the weekend with your cherry version of the drink.

I used to infuse various booze to make liquor and liqueurs. Cherry bourbon, apricot brandy, and butterscotch whiskey were favorites.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I
Do you make cherry bounce too? It's a cherry infused bourbon or whiskey that even George Washington made.

Speaking of which, @mikethompson are you still making rumtopf? I stumbled across an old thread over the weekend with your cherry version of the drink.

I used to infuse various booze to make liquor and liqueurs. Cherry bourbon, apricot brandy, and butterscotch whiskey were favorites.
I drink the left over sauce in the cherry jar🤪

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I
I used to make maraschino cherry bombs by swapping the juice for high proof vodka. And it was tradition to drink the juice once the cherries were gone.

Are your cherries similar?
Just take a fifth of the 100 proof Evan Williams with 2/3 Cup sugar and sauce pan with the cherries till the sugar melts then into canning jars and enjoy! They don’t quite last a year though🙃