PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
I recently saw some videos of people flying fpv drones and after some research i ordered me a frame and am working on getting the other components. It involves lot of soldering and various other things to complete and from what i have seen with my enjoyment of mechanical and electrical workings should be a pretty fulfilling hobby. Was wondering what others like to do in your spare time.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Hunt and fish, yep, that's pretty much consumes the majority of my spare time.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Almost of all of my hobbies involve the outdoors, mainly fishing, vegetable gardening, canoeing (river float trips in the summer w/ friends and a cooler of beer = heaven), and other hobbies which are more chore-like but I enjoy such as cutting and splitting firewood, maintaining my landscaping, and maintaining my tools and equipment.

haparnold

Lifer
Aug 9, 2018
Colorado Springs, CO
Much like lawdawg, I'm an outdoors kind of guy. Summers are usually spent on long-distance backpacking trips and rock climbing. Cooler months, I climb indoors and do lots of trail running.
Other than that, I read a lot, and I'm really into cooking.

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Thats another thing that drew me to the fpv drones i love the outdoors and the views you can see with these things are amazing. I also enjoy shooting built a couple ars last year ammo gets expensive reloading is another hobby i plan to start got my lee press gonna get me a bench set up in the spring hopefully.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I have too many hobbies and not enough time. I'm a fan of the Battlefield series of games and spend way too much time playing them. I like to play softball. I love reading (and I belong to bar-sponsored book club). I like working in my yard. I collect things like baseball cards, Japanese maples, and tobacco tins. I am a big fantasy football and baseball guy. I dabble in photography. And then there's all the pipe stuff.
I wish I also had time for more of the outdoor stuff others have mentioned doing. That would be good for my health and my soul I think.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Parenting, painting, drawing, gardening, reading, knitting, pets, and RC helicopters.
https://youtu.be/cBmFY4Vx458

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm a co-owner of a couple of businesses. What the heck is this "free time" you're talking about. :rofl:
Actually, I brew my own beer and I like to go hiking/camping/fishing/etc.
When I get real vacation my wife and I usually go visit her family in Mexico where I partake in the fine art of goofing off and punishing my liver...

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I work out 5 days a week, play the guitar, practice martial arts (Kenpo), ride a Harley, make wine and Limoncello, kayaking lakes and rivers, and read 30-40 books a year.
Tim

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
You mean besides pipe smoking? Mostly reading, and playing computer games at the end of the day.
+1
I also go RV'ing, and if I ever have free money, I have a Harley to fix and a 1950 Plymouth to get running.
RV:
p-a-600x291.jpg

Harley:
bike1-600x410.jpg

Plymouth:
20180519_204417-600x450.jpg

Projects abound, free time doesn't, as you can see the shed behind the Plymouth. That was my big accomplishment last year.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Photography, fly fishing, kayaking, yoga, recovery self work, and pipe smoking with a rare cigar still in the mix.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hobbies? Is playing bridge and golf a hobby? Anyway, lots of time for both. Plus dominoes, coffee klatsching, travel, movies and TV series. Forum posting.
I am not sure I have any real hobbies as I see them. (to me smoking pipes isn't a hobby).

Status
Not open for further replies.