PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Liberty Mountain Resort in Fairfield, PA. Closest one to home, about a hour drive.
We're a half-hour from Ski Liberty. My brother and his wife were there last Sunday. I don't ski, did it twice, loved it, wife wrecked her knee on the 2nd trip, we never returned to the slopes. It's a lot harder than it looks!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Thought maybe you partied.

when skiing I could never stop.
1pBF.gif

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Doing a little skiing with the kids this weekend...View attachment 66079
That's awesome! I used to ski a decent amount when I was a kid. I tried snowboarding, which I thought would be an easy experience since I rode skateboards. Nope, it was miserable. Ate shit all day long.

Over the years, I just kind of stopped going skiing. And then I got out of shape and self conscious about getting on the lifts. Now that my weight is back in a normal range, I should give it a try again.

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
Went for round two this evening. I first tried skiing when I was around twelve years old, and loved it. I always wanted to go back, but it took me thirty five years to make it. Since then we've been three times. Me and the girls picked it up pretty quickly, but my youngest is a downhill demon!20210214_204537.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I began skiing when I was around 12 years old. I got good at it and had a ball. All through h.s and college and till around 1995 or so when I took the worst pipe out of my career. I was amazed I didn't break anything. JUst a load of bad bruising and barely walk for a few weeks. I was on a trail I know like the back of my hand as I used to do the trail in a tuck getting up to 60-70 mph. I caught an edge and then went over and over to many times to count and I barely made it down to the bottom. I didn't feel much like skiing again after that wipeout. This was at Mt Sunapee in N.H on a trail named Brecks Brook. It was not a hard trail if you skid normally but when you get in a tuck and try to go as fast as you can and you wipe out the wrong way, it can do some serious damage.

lightxmyfire

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2019
DMV Area
Used to go to Liberty every year when I was in high school. I’m one of those dirty snowboarders, but man do I love it. It’s been too long. My wife has been wanting to learn and was getting a feel for it last time we went.

Went west a few years back and got spoiled by the snow and slopes in CO. Damn I miss it!

Reactions: danimalia and redz
Status
Not open for further replies.