PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I'd like to try the original Bengal Slices. And perhaps 965 and Nightcap before Murrays took over those blends. Also, anything with Syrian latakia. The latter day Syrian blends that I've had, HH Vintage Syrian and Renaissance, don't impress me, so I'd like to see what the fuss is all about. And perhaps Escudo, when Cope made it.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Time machine seems to be broken down again.

Seriously, When I think about the times I went into Drucquer's in dwntown Berkeley in the 70's and 80'se09ded38b10ce9dd7a2e2c8a5558cf1d.jpg to get a pack of Navy Cut cigarettes of Three Castle RYO.( I was not hip enough for the pipe back then). One time they even talked me into walking out of there with some rather expensive Balkan Sobrante Ovals. They came 10 to the square tin. I loved going into the old tobacconists in the day. I would always buy something- just to dwell there for a time.. The smells in those places! Just think of what was available at that time- and the prices.

Got to get some tetrahydrosoline for that time machine. I'll bring you back some of that Dunhill Dark Flake next time.

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
Sorry, should have explained that tetrahydrosoline is a key ingredient in time travel.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Sorry, should have explained that tetrahydrosoline is a key ingredient in time travel.
Haven’t seen “The Spirit of 76” in a long time lol.. what a terrible movie!

Wouldn’t have to go too far back but I’d love to be able to stock up on some of the original Peterson’s Sherlock Holmes. A really great underrated straight Virginia ribbon.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Time machine seems to be broken down again.

Seriously, When I think about the times I went into Drucquer's in dwntown Berkeley in the 70's and 80'sView attachment 24625 to get a pack of Navy Cut cigarettes of Three Castle RYO.( I was not hip enough for the pipe back then). One time they even talked me into walking out of there with some rather expensive Balkan Sobrante Ovals. They came 10 to the square tin. I loved going into the old tobacconists in the day. I would always buy something- just to dwell there for a time.. The smells in those places! Just think of what was available at that time- and the prices.

Got to get some tetrahydrosoline for that time machine. I'll bring you back some of that Dunhill Dark Flake next time.

I would love to have tried those Sobranie ovals. I saw a pack of 10 like that one a few months back on ebay, iirc the price was about £90.

• Wow
Reactions: docpierce
Status
Not open for further replies.