PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I stumbled upon this thread. A lot of good recommendations. I was wondering whether there are any more stronger aromatics not mentioned?

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Take it up a notch with a 1 to 1 mix of Luxury Twist Flake and Tropical Mango Flake.
Coconut and Mango together on a nice bed of Virginia. I call it the Pina Colada … not that I have any idea what's actually in a real Pina Colada. I think it was Cosmic that first turned me on to that one.
Rum (preferably dark), cream of coconut, pineapple juice.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I don’t really drink anymore, but I always skipped the whipped cream and cherries. That just takes up space that could be occupied by rum. ?
I prefer simpler drinks, but I used to be a bartender and some of the recipes seem to be stuck in my mind, while all the useful stuff slips, like my own size in underwear or which days my kids are supposed to have sportswear to school.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Erinmore Flake and GLP Barbary Coast (both possibly not aromatics depending on definition) are the only 2 blends I smoke regularly that routinely Chris Hansen me:

174F66F5-F38F-449D-AC02-616098A83972.png
Someone before mentioned that EF isn’t as strong as it used to be. Almost 10 years ago I scored at a B&M on several tins of mid 2000s vintage EF, so it may have changed since then. Hard to date, but they are Murray’s tins that say “made in Belfast,” but they have STG stickers over the edges. I’m guessing they are the first of the STG manufacture using up the old stock of tins, so maybe 2006ish

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I stumbled upon this thread. A lot of good recommendations. I was wondering whether there are any more stronger aromatics not mentioned?
003-059-0037.jpg

Reactions: Gecko

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I suppose it depends what you mean by “aromatic”. If you’re looking for more nicotine than a typical goopy American vanilla cavendish, and a bit more flavor complexity, I would recommend blends by Uhle (particularly 00 and 300), and by Wilke (No.5, No.13, and even No.191). Two Friends English Chocolate is also what I would consider a world-class aromatic. Finally, Savinelli Cavendish is a very underrated aromatic IMO.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
1 Tin of Jack knife plug. 1 Tin of your favorite aromatic. Mix, jar and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.