PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I was working across the lake from New Orleans today and stumbled across this wonderful old B&M hidden away in Covington, La...name of the place is Jewels Cigar and Tobacco...they have a wonderful collection of estate pipes...most are not cleaned or polished...but I didn't care..I picked up two gems for next to nothing...can't wait to get home and ream and clean them...1st was a nice Sav. Autograph and the 2nd a Tim West freehand ...they had a nice selection of custom blended tobacco...no tins that I saw...I highly recommend stopping in if anyone is around New Orleans...

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
You would love it...it's a old place, nothing fancy..bunch of old chairs from the 70s...nothing fancy..just good people and good tobacco...

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
NOLA, is it located in downtown Covington? My daughter lives just outside of town in Abita Springs. Probably be in that area in the next few weeks when the trout start biting near the twin spans.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Yes it is in Downtown Covington...jewels Cigar & Briar Shop...201 N. New Hampshire....you would be shocked at the collection of estates..,Charatans, Ben Wade...it was all I could do to keep from walking out with 25 pipes...lol

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I have family in Mandeville, and we are visiting in late April for a wedding. We are staying at a hotel in Covington, so thanks for the tip; I will definitely visit Jewels!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Is that a stampede I hear in the distance? Has everyone revised their summer vacation plans just now?

Move fast, Louisiana people, the outlanders are all off getting oil changes as you read this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.