PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2020
Hi all, I am from Alabama but relocated to NY. I have been smoking a pipe for, off and on, about 4 years. I never really had any consistency until recently (7 months). I have tried a few different cheap briars, but have really enjoyed my cobs the most. I returned to pipes after having a brief fling with cigars, which I still like to visit every so often, but not really enjoying the taste-per-cost return. As of right now, I am really enjoying exploring the range of tobaccos available.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

indoeuro

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2019
Central Texas
Welcome! I knew you had to be a transplant. You spelled the "y'all" contraction correctly.
Permanent move, or will you eventually return to Dixie?

Reactions: maulragoth

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California!

Manhattan or another borough? I loved smoking in Central Park and Washington Square recently.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

Reactions: maulragoth

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Hiya and welcome! I too picked up the pipe, then into cigars full time for about 17 years and several boxes, then a couple years ago took up pipes and wow... I missed out for many years of putting down my pipe. Wish I had been piping all along, but no internet at the time to learn so much from in such a short time. Back then I had been playing with aromatics sampling some. I still greatly enjoy the cobs most of the time, though I have picked up several nice briars, metal pipes, and a couple meerschaums. Great to have you here!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi all, I am from Alabama but relocated to NY. I have been smoking a pipe for, off and on, about 4 years. I never really had any consistency until recently (7 months). I have tried a few different cheap briars, but have really enjoyed my cobs the most. I returned to pipes after having a brief fling with cigars, which I still like to visit every so often, but not really enjoying the taste-per-cost return. As of right now, I am really enjoying exploring the range of tobaccos available.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
yeah pipes are amazing in the cost to luxury ratio. It amazes me I can afford painlessly to have two or three bowls of such enjoyment with such a small spent.

Reactions: TheKeegMeister
Status
Not open for further replies.