PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Another greeting!

Please put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why:
That will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts. It cuts down on posts or PMs asking where you are.
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

GawithPiper

(NOVAPipe)
Jan 24, 2022
USA
Hi to all from NE Penna and hopefully soon to be in upstate New York. I have been retired for just a year and am a complete newbie at smoking pipes coming from twenty-five years as a cigar smoker. For some reason cigars have just left me “bored” and un-entertained.

I had decided to try pipe smoking and went to a local tobacco store to see their inventory. Since I wasn’t sure if I would stay with this, I decided to purchase an inexpensive pipe. I purchased a cob for $10 and didn’t realize it at the time, but I ended up purchasing an MM Country Gentleman pipe.
Not having a large inventory of tobacco, I also purchased a pouch of Paladin Cherry and Cpt Black’s Cherry.

And obviously I went through all the trials and errors of learning to properly smoke a pipe but am enjoying the process and looking forward to learning a lot here on this site.

The real story of this enjoyable process is a bit of a long story and being an author (aka - like to talk a lot), I will post about it in the Beginners Section which will give you the option of skipping over it if you want. ?
Hello and welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.