PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2020
Hello all. My name is Steve and I live in Brisbane Australia. I have been smoking a pipe for about two years and enjoy it very much. Unfortunately, the piping culture is almost non-existent in Australia and often I fell like the lone piper. Because of that, the availability of good Pipe tobacco is very limited and extremely expensive at around $100 a tin! I am very envious of the piping culture in the US and Europe. I guess I am trying to feel connected to people of like mind through forums and podcasts. I also purchase my pipes from overseas in the US, England, and Ireland. I have 16 pipes at present in my collection, including Petersen, Savenelli, BC's, Erik Nording, Rattray's, and a few Missouri Meersheum corn cobs. I not only love the smoking of pipes but appreciate the natural beauty and craftsmanship of each one. I appreciate joining and look forward to connecting with other pipers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's quite a price tag on a tin, like the price on a box of 20 premium cigars in the U.S. That would keep me to two or three bowls a week, I think. Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
G'day! If I ever visit down under again, I will stuff my carryon with loads of bulk tobacco....

Been watching Rake for the last week, and enjoy it immensely.

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

Status
Not open for further replies.