PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisd123

Lurker
Apr 20, 2021
Virginia
Happy to be here and thanks to the benefactors who make this place possible! Look forward to meeting and discussing with the community.

I have been smoking a pipe for just over a year. I’m still sampling a variety of tobacco to learn what I do and don’t like as well as hone my skills in this hobby. In the mornings I tend to like a lighter aromatic such as 1Q, and in the evenings I tend to enjoy something like SPC Plum Pudding. Still exploring Virginia’s and VaPers. Sometimes I like the old codger blends, mainly Sir Walter Raleigh.

I own several pipes, from meerschaum (Missouri and traditional) to briar to Morta. My favorite style is poker, but I really like my sandblasted Apple by Il Duca.

Nice to meet you all and happy smokes friends!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. 1Q is nice, PP is certainly a great evening smoke. If you're attempting a foray into VA and VaPer-land, I recommend Peterson University Flake and Orlik Golden Sliced, respectively. Best to keep your aromatics in a different pipe than these.

Enjoy the journey!

Reactions: Chrisd123

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Hello from Austin, Texas.

I started in Baltimore and spent many summer vacation weeks in Virginia. My dad was born in a spot where two railroad lines crossed, called Clifton Forge.

If you'd like a nice, easy path into VaPers, Give Viprati a whirl. There's a bit of burley in there, too, but, based on your current likes, I suspect you won't mind.

Welcome to the forum!

1618978481110.jpeg

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Happy to be here and thanks to the benefactors who make this place possible! Look forward to meeting and discussing with the community.

I have been smoking a pipe for just over a year. I’m still sampling a variety of tobacco to learn what I do and don’t like as well as hone my skills in this hobby. In the mornings I tend to like a lighter aromatic such as 1Q, and in the evenings I tend to enjoy something like SPC Plum Pudding. Still exploring Virginia’s and VaPers. Sometimes I like the old codger blends, mainly Sir Walter Raleigh.

I own several pipes, from meerschaum (Missouri and traditional) to briar to Morta. My favorite style is poker, but I really like my sandblasted Apple by Il Duca.

Nice to meet you all and happy smokes friends!
Welcome Chris from Ontario Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.