PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pufferfish

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2019
Well, what a great site!!
Been smoking a pipe on and off for twenty years or so and live in the East of England (Hi Steve)!
I have quite a lot of pipes, Dunhill, Vauen, Stanwell, Savinelli, London, Comey (?) and lots in between. I have smoked all sorts of Tobacco but recently discovered a Wild Cherry by McClintock. Now the reviews for it are not always strong but it smokes mild and tastes fine to me.
I got into pipes as a result of watching my Grandfather puff on an old metal Falcon in the 70s (still got it and useable after a clean) he smoked Clan and I sometimes do. Cough Cough...
Pipe smoking here in the UK seems to be going more and more online as I visited our local pipe shop yesterday and they were folding up. It's only been uptown for over a hundred years :(
It's great that we have a presence online and I am pleased to be part of the forum and look forward to getting to know you all.
Regards,
Kit

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from California!
Football club, Kit?
Jazz- I am watching my second choice FC (Liverpool) play the Cardiff lads. First:
COYS!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Be welcome to this very forum, a great place to share Your thoughts, Best Greets from Finland-Scandinavia

Ps, quite often I do smoke Clan* and St Brunos both are good tobaccoes, though with Clan one may need to have some adaptation time for sure,I usually do rehydrate it and then prior to smoke I'd let it dry some 15 to 30 minutes

pufferfish

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2019
Hey Paul, I have to agree on the Clam, its a good one for certain. Nothing quite like it anywhere but it takes a bit of patience. The smoking reward is worth the time.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@ Mr.Pufferfish & Cachimbero,Yes Sir, Can't argue, Clan is a bit weirdo tobacco and so seems to be folks who are smoking it,lol, brings a lot of memories from the days when almost ever pipemen whom I knew had it in their rotation, btw,there today some new offerings introduced from this brand name, Clan special edition 3 Year in tins and Clan Raw* which comes in 50gr pouches both those are somewhat pricier than the regular one.

pufferfish

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2019
Clan raw. Are you suggesting they can mke even more raw than it is? Whist I like it from time to time, I do use with caution as it ghosts any pipe it touches. it does have something going for it in a stange kind of way however...

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
@Pufferfish, Yes,check out the tobaccoreviews.com on this new Clan Raw, I think this one has less topped, Thanks for the reminder on ghosting,I shall keep this in mind and not smoking it continuously in my better pipes no more.

pufferfish

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2019
@Paul Talking of Clan, I have just ordered some Careys SBA from the Carey Tobacconist UK. They claim that it is similar to Clan only a house blend. Could be interesting. The reviews are strong. I will let you know.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Jazz- I am watching my second choice FC (Liverpool) play the Cardiff lads
I used to live in Cardiff and used to go to most of the home games in the late 90's and early 00's. My house was literally around the corner from the ground which used to be Ninian Park. That old ground has been replaced now, you know, with the latest and greatest and all that jazz. I have always paid attention to Cardiff City in one way or another but it's not my team. My team is actually Newcastle United and that is some kind of hereditary disease I inherited from my father and I suspect some sort of punishment for crimes I committed in a previous life.
I don't live in Cardiff anymore but am there often as I still love the city, have friends there and it's only 20 mins on the train. I was there last week actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.