PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

birddogpiper

Lurker
Apr 18, 2020
Hey everyone. I've been reading this forum for the last year or so and decided it was time to join. I'm 22 years old and from Phoenix. I've been smoking a pipe for a little over a year and mostly smoke Virginias like Orlik, Dunhill and Capstan. Originally it was a replacement for cigars, which I would smoke a couple times a week. Got too expensive so I tried the pipe and the rest is history. Now pipes have helped me cut back on cigarettes quite a bit too. Looking forward to interacting with you all, seems like a pretty tight community you've got here.

Dandy Pipesmoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2020
Switzerland
Welcome to the community. I too like you have a similar story in terms of smoking, so I understand you, it's only been a little more years so...
You will find many experienced people who can advise you if you wish.
Anyway enjoy!

Reactions: birddogpiper

birddogpiper

Lurker
Apr 18, 2020
Welcome from the distant City of Mesa Arizona. Have you checked out the Arizona pipe club yet?

I actually lived in Mesa for a couple years for college. And I haven’t heard anything about an AZ pipe club but I’ll be sure to check it out. Thanks.

Reactions: adui

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Welcome to the forums from Florida. I think your experience is very reminiscent of a lot of folks here. Many of us started enjoying cigars but realized they are expensive. Pipes and pipe tobacco provide more enjoyment for less. Glad you’re here!

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
I actually lived in Mesa for a couple years for college. And I haven’t heard anything about an AZ pipe club but I’ll be sure to check it out. Thanks.
AZ Pipe club meets (once the covid 19 issue is over) the second Saturday of the month at Big Sticks Fine Cigars in Mesa. If you go here :

You can find contact information

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W Michigan. Nothing wrong with cigars but I find great joy and relaxation in smoking my pipes and i get to enjoy it more because of the lowered cost. Great people from all over with the same goal enjoy all things pipe related and sharing so others can to.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome from Desert Ridge area. Enjoy a pipe outdoors this evening and in the mornings while it lasts:col:.

Also, guessing you’ve been to Ye Olde pipe and Tobacco? If not it’s a must visit in Phoenix. Sounds like Big Sticks is cool too, but haven’t been.

birddogpiper

Lurker
Apr 18, 2020
Welcome from Desert Ridge area. Enjoy a pipe outdoors this evening and in the mornings while it lasts:col:.

Also, guessing you’ve been to Ye Olde pipe and Tobacco? If not it’s a must visit in Phoenix. Sounds like Big Sticks is cool too, but haven’t been.

I live less than ten minutes from desert ridge...small world. Haven’t been to ye olde pipe shop yet but I plan to soon. I’ve been going to stag tobacconist over in Scottsdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.