PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
After some months of obsessive reading/learning on the forum I finally signed up. Thank you all for the great resource and meeting place that you made this forum! I am a German, but living close to Copenhagen and started smoking pipe early this year. The Danish Pipe store is in walking distance from work, so well covered with pipe and tobacco options. Will likely become a more occasional pipe smoker since no option of smoking indoors, and windy weather and long winters will limit smoking for 7-8 out of 12 months.

I am now up to 7 pipes (among others a Savinelly 320 Dolomiti, a Morgan Bones, and some Italian Gasparini and Bogni pipes), and currently expand from pure Virginas to VA/PER and English tobaccos.

Reactions: dmcmtk

dorianc

Lurker
Jul 31, 2019
Welcome!!!
I visited the Danish Pipe shop in early nineties. One of my favorite pipe shops of all time. I wish I knew what kind of tobacco that I bought there. It was great and I wonder if they still sell it!
Welcome again to the forums!!

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Welcome to Denmark! Never been there, but am a bit surprised that Denmark too is restrictive in smoking. Sounds too much like California!

Okay, guys/gals, I'm 63, have lots of pipes and tobacco's, been smoking for many,many years and I can honestly say I have no idea what a VA/PER is? Really....
Thanks!

Dan

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Va/Per is Virginia/Perique.
Welcome from Austin, Texas.
That's a mighty fine smoking hippo you have there...
jay-roger.jpg

goldenmole

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2019
Copenhagen DK
Thank you all for the kind welcome. I guess in some ways Denmark is a good place to be for pipe smokers. Now that I am looking for it, I see one or two every week and I found even my local corner store has Capstan Yellow in the shelf. The Danish Pipe Store is a really a great place and has moved from the tourist flooded main pedestrian street to a more quiet location. Tobacco selection of cause with a almost exclusive focus on European tobacco, which is sometimes frustrating when much of this forum has a focus on what is available only in North America (my last US trip to the SW this summer had only one short visit to a pipe/tobacco store in San Diego.. a place that is half museum, half actual store). I am now exploring tobaccos I order from Germany (mainly HU, but also other brands as they tend to be 15-40% cheaper as compared to DK with it's 25% VAT).

p40warhawk

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2019
Thank you Jay! I guess I DO know more than I thought, been smoking Virginia/Perique for years in one form or another...

Status
Not open for further replies.