PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2019
I just recently started smoking WhiteKnight and I am fairly well smitten with it. Definitely thinking of bringing on a healthy supply.
If I understand correctly the same blender also did Match Balkan Sobraine.
I love to hear some comparison thoughts from those that have smoke both.

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I have both, and, as far as I can tell, they are nearly identical. Somewhere on the forum Russ said they are the same but the bulk doesn't have as much Yenidje. My last bag of Match seemed to have more Yenidje than my last tin of WK, but ymmv.

Reactions: pharmpiper

pharmpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2019
Thanks, so it is just a cheaper, lower quality version of White Knight. I’ll stick to White Knight.
I don't know. I think I'll add a bit the next time I place an order. Why not? There are great reviews of it and it is what....half the cost when purchased bulk?

Reactions: rushx9 and ram74

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
Thanks, so it is just a cheaper, lower quality version of White Knight. I’ll stick to White Knight.
I wouldn't really say its lower quality. I'm not even 100% sure there's any difference. I just finished a bowl of WK and lit a bowl of match, the only thing that seems different is a bit of tin age on my year old WK. I smoke both often, as well as other Balkans. You can do as you will, but I'd recommend trying a an oz of match before you decide its lower quality. Some folks claim to like it better.

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
My WK is all jarred and aging but, I believed that there were better Balkans out there when I put it away. That being said, I have recently smoked the Match BSOM and found it enjoyable. I might have to pull out some WK for a side by side. My “taste memory” (FWIW), says that I prefer the Match. Neither remind me of the original. That does not, however, mean that they are not “good” in their own right

Reactions: rushx9 and ram74
Oct 7, 2016
I compared the two side by side in the fall. I could not detect one iota of difference in appearance, tin/bag aroma or taste. That either is close to “family era” pre 1980ish BSOSM is a stretch, but both are very good.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I thought Blackhouse was OK. I still have Whiteknight to try, so I'll pick up a tin shortly. It's hard for me to justify trying new English/Balkans when SG Skiff provides me with the most enjoyment so far. I don't like alot of Latakia

Reactions: rushx9

pharmpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2019
I have almost broke a speed record with the tin of WhiteKnight, so I am definitely buying more and will most certainly be trying the Match as well.

Reactions: rushx9
Status
Not open for further replies.