PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
As part of learning the characteristics of different blending tobaccos, I decided to try the MB ODF Ready Rubbed.
On the nose, it has a semi-sweet, earthy, clean tobacco profile and maybe just a hint of dried fruit.
I bought this in bulk and put it in a jar as soon as it arrived. The moisture level was perfect for smoking with minimal drying time. Easy to prep and pack.
After the char and lite tamping, it lit right up. First impression was bold earthy, tobacco with some peppery spice. I intentionally worked on smoking this slowly. I can imagine if you tried to smoke this too fast it could get pretty spicy.
Half way thru this small bowl and a few relights, it got more mild as the spice gave way to a bold, earthy flavor with subtle hints of Strong coffee and fleeting coco. Definitely a medium-strong Nic hit with this baccy.
On occasion (after a meal) I could see smoking a small bowl of this with some tea. But, more likely, I see myself mixing this with some Latakia, Blk Cav and maybe Izmir Turkish. Might be good mixed with other burleys I have on hand?
If you enjoy a BOLD, tobacco forward smoke, give this one a try!
120059AE-A2B3-4547-8FB5-A66AA7226E95.jpeg